yes
yes asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Is this blurb catchy enough to make you open the book?

I have been getting some good suggestions and feedbacks, and I have re-written this blurb for the back-cover several times over the last 2 days. Here is the latest version. Do you think it is attractive enough to make someone open the book if they find it in a bookstore? Thanks for all answers in advance!

Nirvana: Absolute Freedom

Genre: non-fiction / new age/ spirituality

Back cover blurb:

Everyone loves freedom and fulfillment, but few seem to have it. Even those few who feel fulfilled in the moment, are afraid of losing it and feel insecure about their future.

To realize true and lasting freedom, you must question and challenge traditionally held views. Is true fulfillment guaranteed once you have enough wealth, fame, power and recognition? Do you really have to strive endlessly and compete with others until you have enough? And how much is really enough? Or is happiness the result of finding your soul mate? Do you need to be beautiful, charming and rich to attract your desired mate? Will you be happy ever-after upon finding them as some believe? Or as some others believe, do you have to wait for an after-life in anticipation of some reward for good behavior?

In Nirvana, you are taken on a deep inquiry into such popular beliefs to help uncover you own truth. You learn about a much simpler and effective way to reconnect with your true Self and rediscover the forgotten treasure that lay buried deep within you. Once you learn to tap into this inner treasure, you begin to experience a state of freedom from thought, freedom from dependence, freedom from suffering; a state so deeply fulfilling that no objective experience can even come close. Thus commences our journey to absolute freedom, Nirvana.

Do you like this better or worse than the previous version in the link below

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Almh....

Favorite Answer

AWESOMENESS! I would totally read that book! But, if I were you, I`d switch the first paragraph and the middle paragraph so it`s like:

Or something like that. Uhh...well, nevermind. I`m having second thoughts now 0_o I think I like the origional better :D (the one that I just read)

• Kitty

The first paragraph is just babbling on with these questions and never getting to the point. At least slim it down a bit. Only ask a few questions, and then you can talk a little about what Nirvana is in the second paragraph. I like the second paragraph, but it also feels a bit clunky.

Something like this, maybe:

Imagine everlasting freedom. Does it feel unreachable? Must you strive endlessly for just a glimpse? Will you grab hold of it upon finding your soul mate? Or as some others believe, do you have to wait for an afterlife in anticipation for this peacefulness?

In Nirvana, you take on these deep inquiries of such popular beliefs to help uncover your own truth. You learn about a much simpler and effective way to reconnect with your true self and rediscover the forgotten treasure that lay buried deep within you. Once you learn to tap into this inner treasure, you begin to experience a state of freedom from thought, freedom from dependence, freedom from suffering; a state so deeply fulfilling that no objective experience can even come close. Nirvana.