Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Theists, if true believers can't be swayed why do you try to oust and defend against atheists......?

Favorite Answer

as an ex christian, i know christians can be swayed and can "see the light"

I cant speak for everyone, but I do it because almost everyone is really misinformed (not about not knowing something) about their facts, and their ideas.

For example, some think that all christians beat their kids. Do I want to try and explain to this guy that 2 billion people dont beat their kids everyday? Yes, I do.

Some say that theists have no sense of reality. There are upwards of 6 billion theists on the planet. 5.5 billion of them live lives like you or I would.

But the one that really gets me, is that some of you think religion never did anything on this planet. Ever. I just dont understand how that could possibly come to someones mind, that for millions of years, nothing has ever come out of religion. Thats where I just stop trying to talk to you guys, realizing your stupidity.

• Karl

If you knew God and he spoke to you would you leave him? a true believer will seek and know God/Jesus better and better and this will not be a problem. But for the weaker ones they can be led astray and doing this is worse than murdering someone in God's eyes.

So teaching and leading people from God will get a worse punishment then a murderer. For these take much more from them then just a life. They take the ability to know God/Jesus from them and this is worse then taking a life.

take care.

And who said this and why do you include all Christians in this?

Atheists If true believers do you have to keep calling Theists stupid, Idiots, cranks and crack pots or bible rashers. Is it because when you are asked what caused the big bang the best answer is some sort of intelligence was behind the controlling of the energy? oh but you can't call it God.

Um...well, I can be swayed if you meet me at the swing?

I'm not sure what your question means....like which "theists" and what "true believers"?

Sometimes atheists irritate me, but like I'll ever let them know (well sometimes I meet snarkiness with snarkiness) because you really CAN fight fire with fire.

(see "The Gods Must Be Crazy II")

Source(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGuadsGoSU&feature... it's about half way through this one.