Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

Why don't i like watching sports?

I mean i'm in shape, i'm good at sports, i love actually playing sports, but I've never liked watching sports, i get all bored and distracted, like being in trigonometry class. My friends joke that it's cuz my dads Italian and we only like soccer, but I can't even pay much attention to the world cup, i feel weird only enjoying the super bowl as an excuse to binge

i do kinda like watching actual games though, just not on tv

Favorite Answer

i understand what you mean. for me, it's being bored and feeling apathetic towards a team i have no real connection to and/or paid no contribution to the results.

for instance, local city teams - i dont understand why people take pride in their teams, or get all passionate about the teams - you didn't contribute in any way whatsoever, and the people ON the team aren't even from your city. they were recruited or traded from all over the country.

Now college sports makes a bit more sense to me, though i still don't really care that much, mainly because you know all the people on the team had to at least attended your school.

But i actually think it means you're more intelligent. getting all worked up over something that doesn't really matter in life and you aren't even really a part of makes no sense to me, other than a diversion. to me it's not a real hobby, to be a sportsfan. it's a passive activity.

sorry, that was my rant. im also not that social. if i were i guess i'd enjoy the tailgates and a means to connect with others (other idiots who like professional sports) and so forth. are you social?

Source(s): rant

I used to be bored of watching football games on the tube up until I began to make an actual effort in understanding the technicalies, teams, and the players and some of their stats. Choose your favorite team or teams and focus soley on them and do not get distracted on others opinions because people will rant about crap and try to prove to you you know nothing about the sport, but when they do you remind them that you know what these athletes endure on that field and how competitive they are because you played soccer and there a lot of similarities. Both are competitive, both have teams, both involve rules, kicking a ball, and fans. My advice to you if you want to become more involved in the game find that one opinionated asshole you watch football with and find that one sour spot he has about rival teams do your research on it, and wait for him to get sour and then dump it on him. This will make watching a game way more exciting and you can also place bets, play drinking games, and watch the commercials especially during the superbowl to stay focused. The more you learn about the game, the more you will enjoy watching it by yourself and with others. I hope this helps. Go Jets www.nfl.com will keep you on top of things before game time.

Tv makes it look fake like most of the crap on tv.

But if you want to get into it pretend ur one of the players or that ur in there but yeah sports on tv r kinda boring.

Source(s): Answer mine