My landlord refused to fix major things?

My landlord refused to fix major things that got worse in my family's apartment for months. Then gave us that boot. can we sue for months nobody didn't repair the apartment?

Update:

rent is 100% paid

Update 2:

mold on lath behind drywall and other spots smokes and c02 detectors and more

Update 3:

Yes I got a 50 page stack of emails which he states he don"t have to he know the in and outs and many stuff like that

Update 4:

the boot was for renovation aka it was too much to ask for a smoke detector

Update 5:

to R P how can i get rid of black mold on a wall that is covered by sheet rock are you nuts

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

You can sue for anything you like. Whether or not you would prevail would depend on your evidence and the case you present.

So, what were these *major* things the landlord ignored? Was he notified in writing about them? Why did you get booted? Was it for non payment of rent? If so, expect a countersuit from him! LOL

• R P
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You can try to sue, but you will be wasting your time and money. You will not win.

The mildew in the bathroom - you should have cleaned it with bleach to kill the mildew. What does "other spots smoke" mean? cO2 detector? Do you really mean smoke detector? Did you change the batteries in it?

If you were on a month to month agreement, the landlord only needs to give you a 30 day notice to move. If you were on a lease, he just needed to tell you he was not renewing your lease.

Source(s): FL landlord
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, you didn't pay the rent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.