How long does bacon keep?

I bought some bacon. Mmmm. But I'm not going to eat it all in a single breakfast and the package doesn't reseal. Can I keep it in the fridge without the package sealed for a while? Should I put the unused bacon in a plastic back? If so, how long would it keep like that? Or should I cook all of it and save the cooked bacon? I'm not sure how good reheated bacon is.....

Favorite Answer

Thats a good question i would say cook what u know u will eat and put the rest in like a ziploc bag if u have one if not then idk just something where air cant get in to make it go bad or stale

Source(s): Good question hope this helps

Put the package in a plastic bag or wrap it in saran and it will keep for a few weeks in the refrigerator. Or, divide it into portions, wrap them individually and freeze then for up to 1 year. You can cook from the frozen state.

You could also cook it all, put it in a zip lock bag and either refrigerate for a few weeks or freeze. To reheat just toss in the microwave or in a pan on the stove to crisp up.

Put the bacon in a plastic bag. It should be good for a week or two. Make sure you eat it. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR WITHOUT A BAG. You will contaminate everything and it will taste terrible.

If you cook it, it will be gone in a few seconds if I am nearby. Yum!