Gift funds for Fannie Mae Homepath Loan?

My parents are gifting money to me by personal check. Before depositing it in my account can I just have my bank make a copy of the personal check to show it was written by them? I read online that you need a trace to make sure you didn't steal the money, so was wondering if I would have to have a bank... show more My parents are gifting money to me by personal check. Before depositing it in my account can I just have my bank make a copy of the personal check to show it was written by them? I read online that you need a trace to make sure you didn't steal the money, so was wondering if I would have to have a bank statement from my parents, or can i just make a copy of the check that was written? Personal checks already have bank information on them, that's why I am wondering. Also there is a house I will be putting offer on next week after receiving gift funds in my bank account, will a gift letter be needed for a Fannie Mae loan?
Update: I also will be providing my bank statement for this month that would show the deposit in my account.
1 answer 1