I am Jewish, and have a few Christian friends/aquaintances?

that I have known for 30 yrs. plus. They are quite aware of the fact that I am Jewish, yet continuously send me Christmas cards, and email requests for me to pray to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and to pass this prayer to as many as possible. I emailed one woman quite a few yrs. ago after receiving one of... show more that I have known for 30 yrs. plus. They are quite aware of the fact that I am Jewish, yet continuously send me Christmas cards, and email requests for me to pray to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and to pass this prayer to as many as possible. I emailed one woman quite a few yrs. ago after receiving one of her prayer's, letting her know that although I appreciate her thinking of me with her prayers, that she ought to be cognizant of the fact that I don't pray to Jesus Christ as a Jew, her reply was to omit Jesus Christ and to substitute It for Moses. These woman are educated and have been exposed to many Jewish people throughout their adult lives. My question is, how, If there is any way at this point In time, to handle this. I find this to be a strong indication that these (2) particular woman don't wish to accept me as a Jew. I find this very hurtful. I have only and always sent Christmas wishes, and never have sent Jewish prayers to either of them. What do you think prompts them to do this? Is this a continuous form of proselytizing? I have tried to maintain a relationship, although we all are living in different states for many yrs.- do I 'chuck them'? If so..... how?
12 answers 12