Can you sign someone else's credit card receipt?

My boyfriend (of 6 years) always wants me to use his credit card, mostly out of his laziness, like we goto the store, or something, and he just wants me to run in and get stuff so he doesn't have to go in, and he never carries cash so he wants me to just use his card. or if we go out to eat and the check comes... show more My boyfriend (of 6 years) always wants me to use his credit card, mostly out of his laziness, like we goto the store, or something, and he just wants me to run in and get stuff so he doesn't have to go in, and he never carries cash so he wants me to just use his card. or if we go out to eat and the check comes sometimes he wants me to take his card and go up and pay and sign. which i'm not really comfortable with. isn't it illegal to do that?
And tonight, he wasn't home, and we were talking on the phone about dinner and he said i should order a pizza, and instead of getting off the phone so i could order, he used his other phone to call them, and he paid with his credit card over the phone, even tho i told him i had cash for it. So the pizza came and of course he wasn't home yet so i had to sign the receipt, so i just put his name, He says it doesn't matter, he says they never look at them anyway, and says i could write joe blow and no one would say anything, and even if they did he would just say he ok'd it. But I cant help but think what if something happened between us, then he could say that i used it without his permission right? and i really don't think thats something he would do, but its the type of thing my dad would have done (he was an ***) and i know thats like my trust issues or whatever, but why put myself in that kind of situation right? I don't want to do stuff like that if its not legal and theres a possibility i could get in trouble for it.. and that may sound lame or goodie goodie, but i don't really care, to me the laws are there for a reason right?

And i know a lot of you are going to say this could be solved by him adding my name to the card, but i really don't want to do that. cuz i don't want to end up responsible for his debts, i don't agree with some of his spending habits, its something we argue about frequently.