Do you know any piano etude/fantasy based on a modern song?

Is there also any sheet music or recording of it?

Update:

When I said etude/fantasy, it doesnt have to be by a classical composer. There are also composers in the 20th century who make classical music or difficult versions of any piece like Marc-Andre Hamelin and Arcadi Volodos.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

As far as I know there are no modern songs that come up as etudes or fantasias.

If you know your math, modern songs are products from the 20th and 21st centuries, while most etudes that are now used as a part of a method are made from the 17th to the 19th centuries.

Oh, unless you think Mozart travelled back in time or Chopin travelled in time and used "No Other Love" on his etude.

No I don't think he did.

EDIT: As you expounded your question, I became confused the more.

But anyhow, now I get you. The question should have been similar to "Do you know any piano etude/fantasy based on a classical piece?" and in the details "Like Marc-Andre Hamelin or Arcadi Volodos with their transciptions."

Here are most famous I know

1. Leopold Godowsky. Of course who could forget his etudes on Chopin Etudes. My favorite is not included in that set though. My favorite is his transcription of Saint-Saëns's The Swan, only lasting about less than two minutes.

2. Georges Cziffra. I think you know that pianist who insisted that Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody no. 19 be changed, proving his egocentricity with history, which still does not prove right. But you can't deny that he did some pretty difficult music that no human (average) could comprehend. Like his Khachaturian Sabre Dance transcription. Flight of the Bumblebee (which is terrifyingly difficult, even only with Rachmaninov's transcription). They're mostly played by Yuja Wang.

There are also great improvisers on the piano -- some unheard of in YouTube or somewhere in the Arctic region.

Sorry -- my head is aching and only those mentioned are all I could think of.

• 3 years ago

i'm uncertain if little ones at the instant nessesarily hear to those, yet something by potential of Andrew Lloyd Webber, fairly the Phantom of the Opera. My sought after is The song of the evening. The song from Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the rings. i don't think of they are fairly puzzling, yet they are well worth enjoying merely the comparable. attempt "Medallion Calls" and "he's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl and "In desires" and "Into the West" alongside the subject of action picture song: every person loves celeb Wars. attempt "important subject", "The Imperial March", "Coronation March" and the extra recent "around the celebs". John Williams has additionally written different different dazzling piano products, which includes "Hedwig's subject" and "philosopher's Stone" And Disney. every person loves Disney.. For some extra radio-like songs that ought to be frequently happening: do not provide up Believin'- journey (previous, yet constantly frequently happening) the day till now at the instant- The Beatles howdy There Deliah- the undeniable White T's Stairway to Heaven- ? Viva los angeles Vida- Coldplay

• 9 years ago

I'm confused by what you mean. You mean more difficult version of a piece? If that's what you mean I'd suggest this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhFq_6_3Mw

Youtube thumbnail

Transcription of the Blue Danube played by Cziffra.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.