do nascar drivers earn more money than UFC fighters?

stupid question, just trying to prove a point to someone

Favorite Answer

NASCAR drivers are some of the best paid athletes in the world. UFC fighters honestly don't make that much from fights, but can make some decent money if they get sponsored.

sure they do........ It all really depends. Who you are, your skills, and your experience are all factors in how much you get paid as a NASCAR driver. As a driver who is just starting out, you could have a base salary of around $100,000 with somewhere around 10% of the winnings. The next step is a base salary of around $400,000 to $500,000 with about 20% to 30% of the winnings. The top drivers earn a base salary of around $600,000 to $800,000 with anywhere between 40% to 50% of the winnings. Once this is said and done, there are all the sponsors to talk about. Top drivers like Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. earn around 20 to 25 million dollars per year, from sponsors alone.

In the most recent Forbes Highest-Paid Athletes list (from mid-2009):

10th: Dale Earnhardt Jr, $34m

17th: Jeff Gordon, $30m

F1's Kimi Raikkonen (2nd=, $45m) and Lewis Hamilton (13th=, $32m), and MotoGP's Valentino Rossi (9th, $35m) are also on the list.

No UFC fighter is listed in the top 20

I couldn't find a more recent list, so feel free to prove me wrong.

yes nascar drivers earn more than ufc fighters

• mbl

I'm pretty sure they do considering Nascar is many times more popular than UFC. Who watches UFC?!! Is it even on television? I've seen it on in bars and it's insanely boring. Human cock fighting is for losers.

A LOT MORE. Jr probably makes over $27 million a year with his contract, merchandise and endorsements.

Yep

for the most part yes they do

I'm 98% sure they do.

Source(s): Now, being that you admitted that this a bad question (no question is ever stupid.) I going to add this to the list of nominees for worst question of the year.

yes

you can take that to the bank! (literally)