do nascar drivers earn more money than UFC fighters?

stupid question, just trying to prove a point to someone

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NASCAR drivers are some of the best paid athletes in the world. UFC fighters honestly don't make that much from fights, but can make some decent money if they get sponsored.

• 10 years ago

sure they do........ It all really depends. Who you are, your skills, and your experience are all factors in how much you get paid as a NASCAR driver. As a driver who is just starting out, you could have a base salary of around $100,000 with somewhere around 10% of the winnings. The next step is a base salary of around $400,000 to $500,000 with about 20% to 30% of the winnings. The top drivers earn a base salary of around $600,000 to $800,000 with anywhere between 40% to 50% of the winnings. Once this is said and done, there are all the sponsors to talk about. Top drivers like Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. earn around 20 to 25 million dollars per year, from sponsors alone.

• 10 years ago

In the most recent Forbes Highest-Paid Athletes list (from mid-2009):

10th: Dale Earnhardt Jr, $34m

17th: Jeff Gordon, $30m

F1's Kimi Raikkonen (2nd=, $45m) and Lewis Hamilton (13th=, $32m), and MotoGP's Valentino Rossi (9th, $35m) are also on the list.

No UFC fighter is listed in the top 20

I couldn't find a more recent list, so feel free to prove me wrong.

• 10 years ago

yes nascar drivers earn more than ufc fighters

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mbl
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I'm pretty sure they do considering Nascar is many times more popular than UFC. Who watches UFC?!! Is it even on television? I've seen it on in bars and it's insanely boring. Human cock fighting is for losers.

• 10 years ago

A LOT MORE. Jr probably makes over $27 million a year with his contract, merchandise and endorsements.

• 10 years ago

Yep

• 10 years ago

for the most part yes they do

• 10 years ago

I'm 98% sure they do.

Source(s): Now, being that you admitted that this a bad question (no question is ever stupid.) I going to add this to the list of nominees for worst question of the year.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes

you can take that to the bank! (literally)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.