Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 10 years ago

Why do people over shadow what chris benoit was ACUSED for instead of his wrestling accomplishments?

People in Wrestling talk about benoit with a bad taste in their mouth for one Detectives got 2 days to investigate they should have atleastt questioned Kevin Sullivan he was dating Nancy benoit before Chris and her got married when chris met her in WCW Chris married her and ran off with her and that made Kevin mad and Kevin is a high ranking person in the satanist church and his girlfreind Sheryll died a few days before Chris not to mention if chris did it this is the Y!A WS not the Investigation section look at all the things chris has accomplished

Benoit's five United States Championship reigns (two in WCW and three in WWE) are tied for the most in history.

Benoit is recognized by WWE as a two-time world heavyweight champion: a one-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion and one-time World Heavyweight Champion, with both reigns represented by the Big Gold Belt.

Extreme Championship Wrestling

ECW World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Dean Malenko

New Japan Pro Wrestling

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Super J Cup (1994)

Top/Best of the Super Juniors (1993, 1995)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated

PWI Feud of the Year (2004)vs. Triple H

PWI Match of the Year (2004)v. Shawn Michaels and Triple H at WrestleMania XX

PWI Wrestler of the Year (2004)

PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004

PWI ranked him #69 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003

Stampede Wrestling

Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (4 times)

Stampede Wrestling International Tag Team Championship (4 times)[128] – with Ben Bassarab Keith Hart, Lance Idol, and Biff Wellington

Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame

Universal Wrestling Association

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Championship Wrestling

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times)[133] – with Dean Malenko (1) and Perry Saturn (1)

WCW World Television Championship (3 times)

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment

World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[136] – with Kurt Angle

WWE United States Championship (3 times)

WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)

WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (3 times)– with Chris Jericho (1) and Edge (2)

Royal Rumble (2004)

Twelfth Triple Crown Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

5 Star Match (1994) vs. Great Sasuke at Super J Cup

Best Brawler (2004)

Feud of the Year (2004) vs. Triple H and Shawn Michaels

Best Technical Wrestler (1994, 1995, 2000, 2003, 2004)

Most Underrated (1998)

Most Outstanding Wrestler (2000, 2004)

Match of the Year (2002) with Kurt Angle vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio

Readers' Favorite Wrestler (1997, 2000)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2003)2

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because human beings LOVE scandal and gossip. Most of us would rather talk about the negative side of people (ALL people) than the positive. This section is typical of any sort of "social" gathering and what it talks about. This section rarely talks about the positive things that go on in the wrestling business. Rather, it spends most of it's time gossiping and complaining about what it perceives as "flaws", "stupidity", and general negatives. The established veterans are "old and washed-up", the mid-carders "suck", the rookies "aren't good enough" or "don't deserve it"; Vince and his writers are "idiots", TNA "copies (poorly) everybody and uses old washed-up has-beens and NEVER pushes ANY of it's own people" who are "not used right" when they DO get pushed. This is supposed to be a question and answer forum about the wrestling business but in reality it's just a section to post complaints, bltch about everything that goes on in the WWE, and ignore or bash every other promotion because "they suck".

This is human nature, sadly. People complain about and tear down everybody and everything around them to make each person seem "better" to him/herself in comparison. If somebody does something truly horrendous (and in a lot of cases, just being accused is the same as being convicted, to some people) then we can flush that person's life down the toilet and keep reminding ourselves that WE would never do something like that, therefore WE are "better" people, regardless of what our day-to-day lives are like, and whether or not we have contributed ANYTHING that can even remotely be considered "positive" to our community, much less to the human race.

And when that somebody is famous, a "celebrity", even better. NOW we have an "idol" to tear down to make ourselves feel better about ourselves.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I personally dont know many people who even mention chris's name anymore, but when they do it will be either they talk about what a great technical wrestler he is or say that he's a killer

my personal feeling is that yeah he was a great wrestler, but he ended up a murderer, it would be like saying that Hitler's art should be what is remembered by him instead of the other stuff he did

• 10 years ago

I loved Chris too, and I was devastated when that happened. But people will always remember him for what he did more than his wrestling career. He had dementia from being hit in the head too many times and went nuts, and his family suffered.

Its up to people who loved his career to keep watching his matches and remember him for a great career instead of what he did at the end.

• 10 years ago

Yeah I know what your saying, Benoit was my favorite wrestler for a long long longgg time. I don't think they are treating him fairly at all. WWE wants to pretend he never existed, because they know the mental illness and drug use was a product of his wrestling career, and WWE really hates looking bad. It really sucks they are doing this to him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

at the end of the day though, hes still a murderer

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

easy because he's a killer

Source(s): thumb me down all you want i dont care
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.