Can someone explain this WIC policy to me?

Okay, my daughter receives WIC checks for formula. They only allow Similac or Enfamil, and only the 12.4 oz size cans. These cans cost $14.99 each. I'm not complaining about the price, because I don't actually pay for them, but they are spendy. Now, I have seen non-brand name formula (with the exact... show more Okay, my daughter receives WIC checks for formula. They only allow Similac or Enfamil, and only the 12.4 oz size cans.

These cans cost $14.99 each. I'm not complaining about the price, because I don't actually pay for them, but they are spendy.

Now, I have seen non-brand name formula (with the exact same ingredients, I checked) priced at $11 for 25 oz.

Why doesn't WIC use that formula instead? It seems like it would save the government a lot of money...

Just curious if anybody knows the reasoning behind this. I'm guessing Similac and Enfamil pay to be the only formulas offered by WIC, but that's just my guess.
Update: Asrai: Not all women can physically breastfeed. I produce breast milk, but have to pump it and feed it by bottle because my daughter has a lip issue and can't latch on my breast. I make enough for her to eat but not enough to store large amounts, so I use formula to supplement when she is not with me. It's just... show more Asrai: Not all women can physically breastfeed. I produce breast milk, but have to pump it and feed it by bottle because my daughter has a lip issue and can't latch on my breast. I make enough for her to eat but not enough to store large amounts, so I use formula to supplement when she is not with me.

It's just ignorant to assume that the women who don't breastfeed are doing it because it's easier. I would much rather just breastfeed, instead of spending twice the amount of time to pump and bottle.