Is it illegal to refinance before a divorce process to get spouse off mortgage?

More specifically, my wife doesnt want house which there is little equity anyway. We are going to do FHA streamline to take her off then take her off title afterwards. Again, she absolutely wants nothing to do with home. As far as lender is concerned we are still technically married and have not filed anything. Can... show more More specifically, my wife doesnt want house which there is little equity anyway. We are going to do FHA streamline to take her off then take her off title afterwards. Again, she absolutely wants nothing to do with home. As far as lender is concerned we are still technically married and have not filed anything. Can we be sued or go to jail if we divorce a few months after refinancing? I have not lied to the bank because we ARE married, we just told them she wants off the mortgage, which is also technically true.