How much was your house and your monthly payment?

this may be one of those too personal to answer questions and if so--that's fine just simply do not answer. We bought our house and were both working and had tons of money left over--then came zachary and now the new baby on the way and things are tight....Our house payment is the only thing stopping me from... show more this may be one of those too personal to answer questions and if so--that's fine just simply do not answer. We bought our house and were both working and had tons of money left over--then came zachary and now the new baby on the way and things are tight....Our house payment is the only thing stopping me from being able to stay home with our kids. Hopefully we can refinance in a few years and maybe that will help i do not know...

Our house was built in 2004 and was used a vacation/weekend home for some rich guy who owned houses all over the US apparently so it was practically brand new when we bought it in 2008. It is a 3 bedroom, two story house, with a two car garage and 2 1/2 acres of land in a small subdivision in the country. We paid 185,000 for it. The original asking price was 265,000 (way too much as it wouldnt have been worth that in our area) but the guy had it on the market for over 2 yrs and just wanted to get rid of it and we thought what the heck and offered 170 and the guy agreed for 185. Our montly payment is 1300/mo. Is that a good price or should i be looking around..i know kind of late now that we own it but as far as refinancing? It has been ours for 3 yrs now.
12 answers 12