Are there any articles that link marijuana use to the remission of cysts/cancer or other kinds of sickness?

I have been a marajuana user for sometime now, but have reciently quit. My family has had a history of cancer and cysts. Before I started very first use, I DID have a problem with cysts under my arms and on my joints. Since then my marajuana use has been for over five years now and I have not had a problem with getting ill, i.e. the flu, allergies, or my cysts. Now that I have stopped using, these problems have occured again. I want to know if there is any articles or studies to link marajuana use to these problems. Opposing arguments are welcome.

Favorite Answer

April just answers off the top of her head... obviously without doing the slightest bit off research into a topic she knows little to nothing about.

Yes, marijuana is an anti-cancer agent. New research shows that marijuana actually kills cancer cells... rather than creating them. It actually causes them to eat themselves in a process called "autophage".

Go to www.pubmed.gov and type in "cannabis" and "cancer" into the search bar. You'll see hundreds of studies that show that mj kills cancer.

Also, instead of killing brain cells, studies show it actually promotes the growth of new brain cells.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8155-marijua...

Cancer Studies:

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/07041...

Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer

Active Component In Marijuana Targets Aggressive Brain Cancer Cells, Study Says

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-cancer/news/2009...

Did you know that the cannabinoid receptor is the most prevalent cellular receptor in our brains?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor

This mystery began to unravel in 1964, when tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive chemical in cannabis was isolated and synthesized by Raphael Mechoulam and colleagues in Israel. Subsequently, in 1988, Allyn Howlett and colleagues discovered the cannabinoid receptor in the brain. This receptor called CB1was a precise match for the unique chemicals called cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant (phytocannabinoids). This initial discovery led to scientists hypothesizing that humans are "wired" for cannabis. The CB1receptors have been found in the brain in areas that control the coordination of movement, emotions, memory, reduction of pain, reward systems, and reproduction, yet are almost absent in the brain stem (which affects our vital functions such as breathing). It appears that cannabinoid receptors, which modulate other neurotransmitter function in a retrograde “on demand” fashion are present in far higher concentrations in the brain than any other receptor. While the CB1 receptors are primarily found in the central nervous system, a second type, CB2, discovered in 1993, are found primarily in the immune system, GI tract, liver, spleen, kidney, bones, heart, and peripheral nervous system. In fact, the CB2 receptor appears to be up-regulated whenever there is tissue pathology.

Did you know that the government actually has the patent on medical marijuana... for use in fighting diseases such as cancer, Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and more?

And yet they repeatedly say that there is "no medical use" for marijuana.

Look it up. U.S. Patent #6630507

It's like a MIRACLE DRUG because the endocannabinoid system in your body controls so much chemically... by stimulating this system, many positive effects can occur in many different organs of the body.

If you don’t believe me, check out the studies at www.pubmed.gov … just type “cannabinoids” and “cancer” in the search bar and you’ll see the results of the HUNDREDS of studies that show that the THC in marijuana actually kills cancer cells, both in human tissue cultures and in animals. But… they won’t let us do studies on humans because mj has been labeled the “devil’s weed”. HA!

But there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. (People who didn't want to wait on the government to legalize medical marijuana to help with their illness. We've been waiting over 40 years, after all.) I have been in correspondence with the head of the biology dept at a major university in Colorado, and he's knows people personally who have used super-concentrated cannabis oil to CURE their cancer. His own girlfriend got rid of her skin cancer completely applying cannabis oil topically. You can also find video diaries on the internet of people who have gotten rid of skin cancer using cannabis oil. Also video diaries of people who have had miraculous healing of 3rd degree burns. One video diary I found had an AIDS patient who was ingesting the oil and cut his T-cell count from over 800 to around 400 in just a few weeks.

Rick Simpson has cured hundreds of people over the last few years and has plenty of written and videoed testimony. Google "Run from the Cure".

If you want to see the enormous number of medical conditions that marijuana is GOOD for, check this out…

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/43625...

This is a video everyone should watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yxlCDtOlSM

Youtube thumbnail

To get rid of cysts look for the online fasting book by dr Shelton also there are countless fasting forums and even yahoo groups. A good water fast will get rid of all your cysts but it isn't easy to water fast, you need to learn a lot.

Still, you have the internet and you have many forums with people who know a lot, and there are many available books.

I am not sure grass will help with cysts but there you go. I gave up smoking it as I gave up tobacco but I miss it sometimes.

• april

Actually no, there isn't because it doesn't. Maybe you didn't get sick while using pot because you just stayed home, doped up, instead getting out and about and getting exposed to common viruses and illness. There is no opposing arguments to make, because it's not true.