Archanaa asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Is John Frieda a good shampoo?

I bought John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner, but it was expensive, and I haven't heard much good stuff about it, seems like it's just okay. I'm thinking about returning it. Is it really worth the price? I previously used Garnier, should I stick to that? Also, is Tresemme good?

PLEASE help!!!

Favorite Answer

If I bottle all my hair tips & suggestion and charge people $45 each, would people buy it? Of course not! I'm a nobody. But you get them all FREE on YA HAIR.

I've been using the cheapest $1.99 or buy one get one free hair product since the 70's.

They're a billion dollar business, their main job is to make tons of profits, all shampoos are meant to clean, and conditioners are for curly/wavy, dry, damaged, straightened or chemically treated hair. They are formulated for hair texture, and they do not prevent split ends, make hair grow, or add volume. That's all part of their 'marketing gimmicks' to get your attention to attract every consumers. NONE is better than the other. I've been using Garnier for Normal Hair, for 10 years, but I've noticed I've been having scalp itch. One hotel sample I tried 2x and it didn't made me itch. I may end up switching again. I've used Aussie in the past, and loved it, but that was because my hair was damaged and I used conditioner. I haven't used conditioner for over 10 years. Other shampoos made my hair greasy by the 2nd day. I tried Bath & Body Words and it made my scalp worst, I took it back. I'm currently using Aussie and I didn't itch.

It is HOW you use to style your hair or what styling tools that damage the hair, and what chemicals you're adding to the hair, not the shampoo .

When your hair is frizzy, don't brush, finger comb or use a wide tooth comb to style. You can tame the curls by setting them with plastic curlers. Oprah uses it. Also used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS models seen in Glamour magazine Sept. issue, and are continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. Even Oprah uses them! When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair.

Niecy Nash - Dancing with the Stars recently seen using it backstage, too!

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the…

Even used in Miley's newest hairstyle.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2010/06/21/m...

Another good product my DIL uses is WEN, that's like squirting 26x for each time you use them, and you can get the same look as using SAMY sold @ Rite-Aid. Her hair is the same as the clerk who I asked what brand she uses.

Source(s): I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.

i use tresemme and love it