Can Ginkgo Biloba help reduce or perhaps eliminate tinnitus - what other vitamins/supplements "might" help?

I have tinnitus 24/7, non stop - been like that for probably about 6 months or so. Sometimes it's worse than other times, the quieter it is the more I notice it but nonetheless it's always there. Not very good really. My doc has said there are no pharmaceuticals available to deal with tinnitus (which... show more I have tinnitus 24/7, non stop - been like that for probably about 6 months or so. Sometimes it's worse than other times, the quieter it is the more I notice it but nonetheless it's always there. Not very good really. My doc has said there are no pharmaceuticals available to deal with tinnitus (which I'm not sure whether that's quite true?) So thinking about an alternative approach.

I have been told I have something called TMJ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporomand... which could be causing the tinnitus. But another dentist told me I may have something else, possibly (just possibly!) Neuralgia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuralgia Thanks.
Update: I'm already on Ponstan (Ponstal in the US) and Amitriptyline (originally an anti-depressant but also has off label uses to deal with neurological pain) Thanks.
Update 2: Actually my doc didn't say there weren't pharmaceuticals available to deal with tinnitus but that there was no cure for tinnitus - my mistake. Amitriptyline is "supposed" to help reduce tinnitus and also help neurological pain, I think. Only been taking it for 2 weeks so haven't noticed any effect - possibly never... show more Actually my doc didn't say there weren't pharmaceuticals available to deal with tinnitus but that there was no cure for tinnitus - my mistake. Amitriptyline is "supposed" to help reduce tinnitus and also help neurological pain, I think. Only been taking it for 2 weeks so haven't noticed any effect - possibly never will in any case. Thanks.
Update 3: Just found out that Hitler had tinnitus, so too has Rush Limbaugh and Gary Glitter but then so has Steve Martin and Barbara Streisand, lol....
1 answer 1