Do you look at a janitor and a big business CEO as the same/equal?

Or you hold janitor as a lower person?

• rose
    Best Answer

yeah they're equal- the only the way they wouldnt be was if we brought money into the equation

• Janitor is kind of a lowly position, though I see more that the "big business CEO" has probably become a self serving jerk who is the one that looks down the most on the other positions.

• Corey

No, I don't look at them the same. I do look at them as legally and existentially equivilent, though. In personal interactions, I figure the janitor is less likely to have ripped me off in some way.

I think the CEO went farther, but if he was born more privileged than the janitor then i wouldn't respect him more. if they started the same i would think the CEO was smarter, but perhaps not as ethical, which would require more info.

No. The janitor is more likely to have a sense of ethics and is therefore more respectable..

• John F

It depends how you define them. Of course the natural response is "of course not, they're both people". However, people all the time don't follow that philosophy. A rich man driving a nice car isn't actually thought of as equal to a homeless man.

Me personally, I'd like to say I favored the one who treated people better, whoever that may be.

Source(s): http://fensel.net ^My blog on religion and applied ethics. Would love to debate anyone, so feel free to leave comments.

It depends in which way you are defining them. As human beings, they are equal. In terms of management of the company and its resources it is more likely the CEO. In terms of ability to clean and maintain hygiene, more likely the janitor.

Which is better...apples or shoes? If i were starving... the apple. If I were bare-foot and had to walk over glass....the shoes.

It's all relative :)

By what scale?

The CEO will have more money and influence however you fudge the figures--is that a measure of "worth"?

I guess there ARE some equalities between them.... very very few... none that matter.... but yes, I suppose its possible to view them as equals.... like if you close one eye... and squint... in the dark.... from a mile away.... yeah, they could seem similar