Yahoo messenger - Text disappears once I type in the text and press enter. Nothing visible in chat window!?

Once I type in text and press enter in chat window, it does not appear. Nothing is visible in the chat window. Though the notification in the task bar, if enabled, does show the message notifications. Source of the problem : I had run Safer Networking's Safealyzer and Runalyzer, and blocked some running... show more Once I type in text and press enter in chat window, it does not appear. Nothing is visible in the chat window. Though the notification in the task bar, if enabled, does show the message notifications.

Source of the problem :

I had run Safer Networking's
Safealyzer and Runalyzer, and blocked some running programs. I usually block programs without any signature. But not sure in this case.

In the process somethings got blocked. As a result I now get - "Some ActiveX controls are blocked"
everytime I start my system.

Solutions tried :
I thought I had found the answers whenever I encountered these, but these did not solve my problem
1. Installing various players/scripts
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100728231011AAxiVQp
2. Enabling all possible options in ActiveX controls in internet explorer - security
3. Going to manage add ons, and enabling everything I could recognize, including yahoo.
4. Going to msconfig, and enabling everything in 'startup' tab.

Solution Tried :
Chatted with online yahoo customer care, and they were unable to solve the problem after having to install the latest version of IE, yahoo messenger and java.

My question is :
I am pretty sure, this is because an activeX control has been blocked. How to find out which activeX was blocked, and enable it?
Update: I am on windows XP
Update 2: @reizaal - I did not find so many zones. I found three files in the registry at your suggested location - default, selfheal, securitysafe.
I dont think I have a virus. I think I have by mistake disabled an activex control.