Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

Buy or Sell: J.Cole won't drop an instant classic, but he will gradually make his way to a classic album?

J.Cole keeps topping himself, and every album is better than the other, IMO. Lyrically J.Cole has become much more refined as compared to his first mixtape and old stuff before then. Production wise J.Cole is getting better and since he is working with No-I.D as his mentor Im sure Cole will eventually become a really good producer, now he is decent.

Since his album will be mostly produced by him then im sure it won't be anywhere near TCD or BP, but Im sure it will be good.

to sum it up: J.Cole gradually gets better and better, consistently topping his previous works, so he will work his way to a classic album.

*every mixtape is better

BQ: buy or sell: in five years people will be saying J.Cole sold out, which he probably won't.

@purple, that is what I was trying to get at, chances are when he blows up people will call him a sell out simply because he is famous and more mainstream.

and when I say first mixtape, I mean The Come Up not the Warm Up

Favorite Answer

Buy i agree he's been getting gradually better mixtape to mixtape but i don't see him dropping a illmatic or Liquid Swords this early on

BQ: Rent

He'll be like Nas making......bad things to sell more but he won't be conidered a sell-out

• erick

i agree with MQ

the warm up was alot more raw than FNL

i think FNL's production was better

but the warmup was just incredible

it blows my mind everytime i hear it

but yea i buy this

i think its gonna be the same thing as his mixtape

the come up was good

but the warmup is an classic, i predict his second album will be more incredible than the first

BQ: sell hes going to go more main stream and a bit of influence in his music

but since he's his own producer he has more control over his sound and will stay relevant longer

Buy.

But, lyrically I don't think he really improved on FNL, but production-wise he's definitely gotten better. His debut should be dope, maybe a near classic, or maybe it'll be something that gets better over time.

Just as long as Cole World is great than I'll be happy with it.

BQ: It depends, if he starts making annoying pop songs, then hell yeah, but I don't think Cole will go that route.

Honestly, I think The Warm Up is the best material that he has released thus far, so I wouldn't say he keeps topping himself. But yeah, I guess I would buy that. I see him being more Lupe-esque. Dropping two albums one year apart and having people argue over which one was better.

• ??

Buy, I'm sure that he will make a classic album sometime in his career. He's still young and can get much better.

His first will be considered a classic then he'll drop his second and everyone'll be like WHOA THIS SH*TS BETTER THEN THAT

So yeah prolly

• ?

Is it really that hard to call Big Boi?

He is a good rapper. But I promise all of you that ride him now will hate him once he hits it big and becomes famous.

Just like how you all hate Eminem.

Its funny to watch you people try to go against the crowd all the time

agreed