Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 years ago

Do airlines use bigger aircraft to fly to Australia from UK?

I'm flying to Australia next month and dreading the flight. Last year I went to tenerife and had severe back pain from the awkward, cramped seat I had on that flight, and that was only 4hrs30mins long. Don't know how im going to cope if its the same cause I sure can't afford first class.

Favorite Answer

Most airlines use their largest planes such as the Boeing 747 and 777 or the Airbus A340 and A380 on flights from the UK to Australia. Most airlines don't offer much if any more legroom than they do on smaller planes though. You might check airlines that have premium economy seats which are roomier than standard economy seats for usually a fairly reasonable price. You can check which airlines have more legroom or seat pitch here:

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.ph...

it should be a bigger plane. I can't really afford first class and I used to fly every year from the US to Thailand. It's like first class in the back. First class is just more cushioned. I think you'll do fine. It also depends on the airline.