whats a good brand for a motor bike?

i am getting my first bike and i am looking for advice from experienced riders. What is the best bike to ride in regards to reliability and performance and economy. I understand yamaha and honda are the best while suzuki and kawasaki are not so good. What about these new brands from korea

interesting - so a suziki is ok then ? A maurder suziki Brand new ?

thanks for advice- i am going ahead and getting the ,maurader

Favorite Answer

BMW if your serious.

All of the Japanese marks are good. Triumph is good. All bikes from China are crap. I am not aware of any Korean bikes, I think maybe you are thinking about the Chinese bikes here.

The best all told is probably Honda, although all of the rest of the Jap bikes are very good. Triumph is on par with the Jap bikes also.

Yes the Suzuki Maurader is a good choice for a 1st bike. Don't rule out the Yamaha Virago 250 or the Kawasaki Ninja 250 though.

Most of Japanese brands are good and that's what i would suggest you to buy (Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki,Kawasaki(little worse then them but very good too)) but you might also like some other brands like KTM and BMW,they are reliable too and honestly i don't know alot about reliability of KTM's but because i never ridden one for longer then half hour but they have good performances,that's sure, Aprilia is pretty good too but not good as Japanese brands i named,it also depends on your style and do NOT even think about those Korean "brands" you would spend more time at mechanic then on road and you would also pay more for parts within few years then you paid for the bike and you are risking to crash so, i'm repeating once again,my suggestion is Yamaha (other Japanese brands i named are not any worse but i prefer Yamaha) well my point is:Japanese bikes are best in reliability and performances,they are not too expensive either and none of the brands people usually ride is not alot different then others (except Korean and Chinese bikes) and if you are looking for a 250cc sportbike(its maybe best option for you if you are looking for a "beginner" bike but you still don't want to waste time and money on 50cc "toys") you should should think about Honda CBR 250 and Yamaha YBR 250

Any well treated late model motorcycle from a major manufacture is going to be a safe bet. Each of the Japanese manufactures have great reputations for reliability. I wouldn't think twice about buying a bike from any of them. I have owned at least one bike from each with the exception of Yamaha, but lots of my friends have had them. The only motorcycle that I have ever had reliability problems with my Roadking. It was one little irritating problem after another.

please avoid bikes made in china . only contemplate a big brand that is well known ie a Japanese make . personally i like yamaha bikes but that is only a personal thing im sure a Suzuki would be ok

Korean and chinese bikes are cheap, but, can be a nightmare when you want parts and they are built to a budget.