How can ATHEISTS deny the obvious relation between Atheism and obesity, low self-esteem and Suicide?

Indisputable studies have shown that ATHEISTS who reject Christianity have lower self-esteem than the Christian population,

In addition, obese individuals can have lower self-esteem related to their obesity.

So we can conclude that Atheists are both obese and have a low self-esteem

Also Poor self-esteem has been linked to an increase in suicide attempts

therefore ALL Atheists are Suicidal

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism,_obesity_and_...

• Curtis
    Favorite Answer

Flawless logic.

/sarcasm

LOL...conservapedia eh?

More christian lies and anti-atheist propaganda...from the god people.

Let me guess...any way you cut it the christian always seems to have the better life right?

Atheism is not even a religion yet christians go to great lengths to try to limit the influence of Atheists...why do we scare you so much? Could it be that you know that christians know their fantasy can never stand up to the scrutiny of reality?

Well you should be scared...ever notice how Atheists outnumber christians 3 to 1 on the internet?

Ever wonder why?

If you happen to notice how many teenage christians are also on the internet looking for answers to questions their christian parents forbid them to ask then you might have a clue why so many Atheists are here.

Go after my kids and I will go after yours...and I will be far more successful than you could ever dream to be.

Yeah you drop a few seeds of doubt into a young fertile teenage christian mind and that seed takes root and by the time they hit college it will beginning blooming and soon more atheists are added to the ranks.

So you just keep on tossing out the lies and I will keep on tossing out the truth...as a matter of fact I am gonna save the link to your question so I can use it to show christian teens that christian adults need to lie about Atheism because they know it is a far more moral choice than christianity.

So thanks!!!!

For the record...I am a skinny atheist, business owner which very high self esteem and I love life. Suicide would mean that at least 5000 christian teens would not benefit from my influence over the next 40 years or so...they need to be saved so I ain't going nowhere!!!

I dispute your lies...

• Just because there may or may not be a link between the three does IN NO WAY mean ALL atheists are suicidal, obese and have low self esteem.

Your logic is flawed in so many ways let me give an example using your logic.

Studies have shown that people with curly hair eat more lollies than people with straight hair.

females also eat more lollies than males.

Eating lollies leads to obesity.

We can therefore conclude that ALL females with curly hair are obese.

Do you see how this makes no sense at all?

I'm not even going to bother telling you the many other ways your question is wrong.

Source(s): I really hope your not serious
  • pisklo

Atheism And Obesity

• Rick L

No, you are drawing conclusions on ALL atheists based off of a small sampling of them, and from a dubious source as well. Conservapedia? Really? Really!? That's like polling a Weight Watchers meeting to find out people's eating habits.

How do *YOU* deny the findings that Atheists are on average more intelligent then devoutly religous folk?

And this was from an article that has the same format as wikepedia and it just gave vague statistics about atheists without giving specific numbers. It looked to me like it was not a very credible source. You will need to provide a more credible source if you wish to convince me using the source.

You're an idiot. Im an atheist, I weigh approx 180lbs, have never been happier or more enlightened and know MANY people who are pretty much the same as me (and are atheists too). Conversely, ther religious are more typically depressed and suicidal (see David Koresh or Rev Jim Jones as perfect examples). Atheists do not have a need for salvation, as we do not deem ourselves as bad people and sinners. The religious do.

Your theory is what we commonly call ********.

OBJECTIVES: Relationships between religion and body weight were examined in a US national sample.

METHODS: Data from the National Survey of Midlife Development in the United States (MIDUS), collected through telephone and postal questionnaires, were analyzed for 3032 adults aged 25–74.

RESULTS: Religious denomination was significantly related to higher body weight in men after accounting for sociodemographic controls. Conservative Protestant men had a 1.10.45 higher body mass index (BMI) than those reporting no religious affiliation. Other religion variables that initially had significant relationships with greater body weight before adjusting for control variables became nonsignificant after smoking was controlled. No significant relationships between religion and body weight were present in women.

CONCLUSIONS: Religious denomination was related to body weight in men. Other dimensions of religiosity showing a relationship with higher BMI appeared to be because of the lower rates of smoking among more religious individuals.

Alright. The U.S. is a Christian nation (according to fundamentalists) and still have poorer health and higher obesity levels, and not to mention the high rates of criminality and lack of solidarity between people, compared to the predominantly atheist Scandinavian countries where we have better health and live longer and have a far lower amount of criminals and large welfare projects.

Does this dismantle your claim?

Weird. Since I quit Christianity, I'm 80 pounds lighter, quite a bit happier, and have not once thought that God made a mistake in letting me be born.

Oh, Conservapedia. All is clear now.

• ?

The amount of obese people I see on Sundays going to church where I live would out number the normal ones. Your question is flawed.