Tax for residential rental lease vs commercial rental lease in Bangalore?

I have a house in a gated community that I plan to rent for a clubhouse. This would mean I do a commercial lease. I have been told that the property tax is 3 times more than what it would be for a residential lease? 1) How do you calculate property tax? 2) Once you do a commercial lease for 3 years and pay... show more I have a house in a gated community that I plan to rent for a clubhouse. This would mean I do a commercial lease. I have been told that the property tax is 3 times more than what it would be for a residential lease?
1) How do you calculate property tax? 2) Once you do a commercial lease for 3 years and pay property tax as per the commercial lease, is it easy to pay residential property tax if you rent for residential purposes after 3 years? I was told it may not be possible. 3) What are the tax differences between residential lease vs commercial lease? 4) How much does it cost to convert to electricity and water to commercial if U do a commercial lease? 5) Is it easy to convert back to residential once the commercial lease is over? What is the service tax for commercial lease? 10.3%? Is it true that residential lease will not have service tax?
Thanks,
Niroop
1 answer 1