Why are watersheds important to humans?

I need help with the question. :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A watershed is the dividing line between river systems. Rain falling on one side flows to one system, rain falling on the other flows to another. There is, for instance, a watershed in western Wyoming between the headwaters of the Snake river which flows west to the Pacific Ocean and the headwaters of the Yellowstone River which flows east into the Missouri. I don't know why watersheds are particularly important to humans except that they mark the edge of the catchments for various rivers.

• 3 years ago

Why Are Watersheds Important

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Watersheds basically act as a drainage system for precipitated water down a slope. Humans take advantage of this and place their water collection facilities at the base of them. When a watershed near a human civilization is damaged/changed the water flow from it changes. This in turn can lead to water shortages or contaminations.

• 9 years ago

For protection of children who should not be subjected to media material with an adult content, such as sex, drugs and violence. If that's the context you mean. Watershed also has medical connoctions and is used as a term in image processing, and hydrology. All of which are important to humans in some way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why are watersheds important to humans?

I need help with the question. :)

Source(s): watersheds important humans: https://tr.im/rCx9z
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.