Is my tremor an essential tremor?

Years ago my physician told me I had a 'familial tremor'. I was just bored and decided to look it up and came upon this info on wikipedia; Essential tremor generally presents as a rhythmic tremor (4–12 Hz) that is present only when the affected muscle is exerting effort (in other words, it is not present at... show more Years ago my physician told me I had a 'familial tremor'. I was just bored and decided to look it up and came upon this info on wikipedia; Essential tremor generally presents as a rhythmic tremor (4–12 Hz) that is present only when the affected muscle is exerting effort (in other words, it is not present at rest)

Mine seems to be quite the opposite. I can perform motion with accuracy (i am quite good at magic even) but my hands shake when I instead try to keep them still. Even stranger, the more I try to concentrate and stop the shaking the worse it gets.
It hasn't really affected my life but I understand it can get worse as you age. I just hope it's not parkinsons or something even worse. Any ideas? was I misdiagnosed?