promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how come Christians can't see how 98% DNA similarity is proof we came from the great apes?

And this is just fact. We are in the monkey tree, believe it or not, everyone in this family tree has in the high 90% of DNA similarity. NO OTHER animals shares that much, I think the next highest is like a mouse at 60%. Also, in all other trees, like in say the bird tree, they share the same % of DNA similarity.

So since this is just fact, why do Christians not just give up and just believe that we came from apes since it's not like it's theory anymore, it's fact?

Update:

let's just say God didn't start the big bang? Then what?

Update 2:

hey, don't get mad at me. It's about high time you knew where your ancestors really are, and they aren't angels or whatever you believe, it's some ape thing.

Update 3:

well, we didn't come from the dirt, we came from the sea.

So I think evolution proves the Christian god wrong.

Update 4:

I don't know why they couldn't be identified, maybe they didn't have enough DNA?

And all I know is that National Geographic says this is true, and they're National Geographic.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The biblical creation model, however predicts even greater DNA similarity between species than the evolutionary model. The bible implies that God employed the best possible designs in His creatures. An optimal design for one species often proves just right for others. Morphologically, humans resemble chimpanzees more than any other current species. Their average body weight is similar. So is the structure of all major organs inside the main body cavity. Therefore, from a biblical perspective, it’s not at all surprising that human and chimpanzee DNA show remarkable similarity.

New research, however, indicates that the widely advertised 98 to 99 percent similarity between chimpanzee and human DNA is greatly exaggerated. Such claims were based on small segments of the human and chimpanzee genomes where common sense dictates that similarities would be greatest. While comparisons between the complete human and chimpanzee genomes have yet to be done, the most complete analyses performed so far show that the similarity is closer to 85 to 90 percent.

Dissimilarity is especially pronounced for gene expression patterns governing brain structure and activity. The human brain, unlike that of chimpanzees or any other species, possess structures that sustain spiritual activity, meditation, analysis, mathematics, logic, complex language development, and communication. Gene expression patterns responsible for these structures are unique to humans. The biblical creation model predicts that as geneticists look deeper into the genomes of the great apes and hominids that preceded humanity, research will continue confirming that humans are genetically distinct. The biblical model also predicts that future genetic research will show that the Creator made appropriate use of similar or identical genetic designs for humans that had already been optimized for other species.

Source(s): Ross, Hugh. More than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 2009. 187-88. Print. DNA: http://www.pnas.org/content/100/13/7708.short
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

We didn't "come" from the great apes, we are in fact a living member of the great ape family (Hominoidae). And it is evolutionary nonsense to say we are in the "monkey tree." In fact we are in the biological order of primates, as are monkeys. Ancestral great apes diverged from ancestral monkeys 30-35 million years ago. Ancestors of humans and our closest living relative, the chimpanzee, began their divergence 10 million years ago, but there was still some gene interchange (caused by cross breeding) until speciation was complete 5 million years ago.

Source(s): Systematics, cladistics and molecular genetics
  • 3 years ago

It shows that human beings and apes had a straightforward ancestor, a diverse style of primate. We did no longer come from contemporary apes. Scientists have got here upon a minimum of two dozen varieties of early guy, all hyperlinks or ranges of evolution. people who reject evolution are scientifically illiterate. Creationists must be jailed and or fined for interfering with the coaching and use of the understanding of evolution because of the fact contemporary medicine does not exist without that understanding, and it saves lives.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm not here to change your mind or start a fight, but here's just some things to think about. :)

Sorry this is so long, too...

If evolution did happen, then why aren't there ANY fossils of animals that are halfway inbetween species? Scientists have only discovered fossils containing ONE type of species. Evolutionists believe that reptiles evolved into birds. But, there are no half lizard half bird fossils, there are only lizard and bird fossils. This really doesn't make sense, becuase if evolution did occur over a period of millions of years, as evolutionists say it did, then wouldn't there be an infinite number of fossils of these animals during the time they were evolving?

Also, if lizards supposedly evolved into birds, that lizard/bird would not be fit to survive while it was evolving. I mean, think about it. Can you imagine an animal with a partially developed wing, lizard feet, and partially covered in scales but partially covered in feathers? Looking at it from a logical stance, evolution just doesn't make sense. It's really improbable.

The proabability of cell life forming from a primordial organic soup in space, like evolutionists claim, is 1 in 10 to the power of 40000. Think about how epically huge that number is..Ten times ten forty thousand times. Anything higher than 1 in 10 to the power of 50 is considered practically impossible. The Hoyle's Fallacy Theory says that there'd be a greater chance that a hurricane could sweep through a junkyard and randomly assemble a Boeing 747 in perfect condition.

There are currently 26 known of constants in the universe (gravity, electromagnetic forces, polarity of water molecules, velocity of light, etc.) and if even ONE of those constants were off by just a trillionth of a trillionth degree, life couldn't exist on planet Earth. How could that have come to be through an explosion, 'the Big Bang' that supposedly happened spontaneously?

"The gravitational constant, if it were off by one part in a hundred million million, then the expansion of the universe after the 'Big Bang' would not have occured int the fashion that was necessary for life to occur. When you look at the evidence, it is very difficult to adopt the view that this was just chance. But if you are willing to consider the possibility of a designer, this becomes a rather plausible explanation for what is otherwise an exceedingly improbable event-namely, our existence. God is the answer to all those 'How must it have come to be' questions."~Dr. Francis Collins (a very well respected scientist of our time.)

And in that same regard, think about how big some of the stars in our planet are. Just our sun is 8,000 miles in diameter and averages 9932 degrees F. How could something that HUGE and full of energy have come from the big bang? And explosion that was sparked by nothing? How could one tiny, microscopic cell have formed, even over countless years, a human being? For just the human eye alone, that seems impossible. There are 10 million cells int he retina of the eye. Every 1000th of a second, each cell in the retina performs 500 non linear differential equations 100x each! The Cray super computer has taken years to accomplish what the eye can accomplish in seconds... That's pretty cool! And just look at one cell in our bodies! It contains more genetic information that a nuclear carrier. Think of an iPod and how much information it stores. It has NOTHING on our cells! How can something that complex and intricate have evolved from organic soup?

There has to be someone out there, a Designer, who created everything so perfectly for us. That's really the only logical conclusion when you look at all of this evidence. Honestly, I've only given you a little bit of a vast amount of evidence against evolution and the Big Bang. Lots of scientists who are really well respected nowadays; Dr. Collin Patterson, Dr. Soren Lovtrup, Dr. Arthur Compton just to name a couple prominent ones, have shot down the theory of evolution.

Just some stuff to think about :))

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

In a plane crash in Mangalore, India, last year, the bodies could not be identified by DNA test!

In an accident that happened last week (Jan 2011), in Kerala, India, bodies could not be identified using DNA test!

Hundreds of kith and kin were disappointed! As per your view the victims DNAs should have been compared with those of apes than relations!

If DNA test cannot establish blood relations, how on earth you are going to establish the so called far relations?

Source(s): TaZ
  • 9 years ago

Because they cannot accept that we share a common ancestor with an ape. For they we "had" to be created in order to be "seen" as Gods "special" creation.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, I'm not a christian...but it's not "proof." It's evidence. One piece of evidence among many, and there is plenty of evidence to show that we do share a common ancestor with apes. But don't get carried away and call it "proof," because it's not. :)

Peace.

• 9 years ago

Because they're living in the past. They can't get over the fact that they've been proven wrong.

On a side note, AG_MAN you need to calm down take some xanex or something you crazy dude!

• 9 years ago

I AM CHRISTIAN AND EVOLUTION IS REAL WE BELIEVE IN IT, SERIOUSLY! SCIENCE TO US IS SHOWING HOW GOD DOES THINGS. Seriously, I'm sick of this miscoception. In the Bible, it says God created us from dust. This is symbolic to show how evolution is true. PLEASE SETTLE DOWN! Anyways, some Christians don't really know what we believe in. Atheists know more about our faith than most of our followers, and i won't hide that fact.

• 9 years ago

I'm a christian.

I'm quick to agree that most christians are really, really dumb if they think that.

All I believe is God started the big bang. Then everything else followed science.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.