How do you feel about Anne Hathaway being cast as, the new Catwoman for the next Batman film?

Source with photo: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/4560582/...

Anne Hathaway has nabbed the coveted female lead opposite Christian Bale in The Dark Knight Rises.

Warners made the announcement today.

The studio also revealed which character Tom Hardy, who joined the cast last fall, will play: Bane.

"I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies," Nolan said in a statement.

Hathaway was on the list of actresses which tested for the role in recent weeks, along with Jessica Biel and Keira Knightley.

The test involved Christian Bale, who had to leave his National Board of Review in New York dinner early so he could catch a flight back to LA to conduct.

The announcement didn't actually name Hathaway's character as Catwoman, which keeps in line with Nolan's more grounded approach to the movie series.

Michelle Pfeiffer starred as Kyle/Catwoman in Tim Burton's Batman Returns.

The character, as interpreted by Burton, was a meek secretary who becomes empowered after she is almost killed and left for dead.

Pfeiffer played her with a mix of repression and sensuality, with the character breaking out as a symbol of female empowerment and becoming a pop culture sensation.

In his interpretation, Nolan has been giving his characters a deeper and darker psychological edge.

My opinion is that, this will be very interesting and I hope she's a vast improvement, compared to Halle Berry's awful Catwoman film.

Best Answer

I think shes far too sweet to be a cat woman....i like her but she has always played the sweet girl and i don't think shes gonna pull off catty very well.

Well based on how well done Nolan's films have been doing and his reluctance to even have a third Batman movie, because he expressed that he did not want to botch the series after the masterpiece The Dark Knight was created (and just take a look at all the terrible trilogies out there: Spiderman, X Men, etc.), I am not worried about who he casts for the roles in the final film. He has proven himself as an accomplished director with the Batman series, Inception, The Prestige, and Insomnia, so I think Anne Hathaway will not be a problem.

• Steven

pretty interesting choice no doubt. she's a beautiful woman, but has that subtle not-so-over-the-top sex appeal. im pretty sure her role in Get Smart helped in her bein picked. im sure she'll do just fine. i hope they use the outfit from The Batman animated series, cause we all know Nolan is goin for "realism" anyhow. dont know exactly how he's gonna pull Bane off faithfully without treadin into not so normal territory tho. so yeah, the 2 will be interesting nonetheless. im bettin Bane will be the main villain and Catwoman will be a side adversary that ends up assisting the Bat in the end. cant wait for the release

I really Like Anne's acting. But she's really NOT an ACTION type Actress. Jessica Biel has Played Action Characters before and seems to be a fit. Keira Knightly she Always seems to lean towards the Period Piece Movies Not much action and she's REALLY Boring as an actress (that's just my opinion though ) . I hope it turns out to be a Good Movie though !

I think she'll do a good job, I like Anne although I've only seen her in Get Smart and Princess Diaries, I don't know if this is going to be a serious role or flirty ish role but she should do well.

I think Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether are better, Halle Berry is worse, Michelle Pfeiffer is about same.

Anne is a good actress and under a great director she would easily slip under the skin of her character, I'm positive!

Loved her in Devil Wears Prada! She's a natural, I'd say!

• R

She's alright. I'm sure she'll do well. Some of the movies I've seen her in weren't the best, but I've also seen her with some really good roles.

anne hathway is annhathway in darknight rises. she totally offest cat woman's charachter. not intriguing at all un ike the former villain, the joker

I don't think she has enough sex appeal for that character, but who knows. She is a great actress, so hopefully she can pull it off.

I agree, Halle Berry SUCKED as Catwoman. Hell, she's sucked in every role she's ever played. Not a fan.