How do you take the front off of a windows XP?

I sister broke the on button and I just want to take the front off to check to see if I can fix the problem or if not just press the smaller button underneath the button. I have been able to take the top off to see the circuit board but I can't seem to find a way to take off the front with the button. I know you can do it I have seen my dad do it before but I can't seem to find a way.

It is windows XP it says it right on the computer.

• Tom C
    Favorite Answer

Wait for your dad to do it then.

Unless you know what you are doing, you could cause serious damage to your computer. The electronics in their are pretty fragile and can be very expensive to replace.

If you really want to do it without waiting, look up the model of your computer online to find a schematic of it. Then at least, you can know what is possible and where to remove screws or pop off covers.

That box is not a windows XP. It is a computer. Maybe if you supply us with the brand and model number we could help you.

• Hunt

Let your dad fix the button, it's easy and done from the top.

If you open the keyboard you could lose all the buttons.

Google for the manual for that pc name and model.