Doctors, I need your help regarding the idea of "SUBCLINICAL IMMUNITY"?

Is it possible to develop "subclinical immunity" to Pulmonary Tuberculosis? I've heard of "subclinical infection" (asymptomatic infection), but NOT subclinical immunity. I do remember one of the doctors mentioned that healthcare workers who are frequently exposed to TB patients can... show more Is it possible to develop "subclinical immunity" to Pulmonary Tuberculosis?

I've heard of "subclinical infection" (asymptomatic infection), but NOT subclinical immunity.

I do remember one of the doctors mentioned that healthcare workers who are frequently exposed to TB patients can develop "subclinical immunity" to that disease. It was like he was saying that "low doses" of inhaled TB Bacilli creates an immune response, producing antibodies that increase that person's resistance to Pulmonary TB. Is it really possible? Or BCG vaccination is the only efficient way to develop immunity to TB? I've been looking for his explanation in books, but I didn't find any.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
1 answer 1