Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 10 years ago

Am I allergic to cannabis?

First of all, a little about myself. I am a 20 year old male, who besides some ailments, is perfectly healthy. I have suffered from severe food allergies my entire life. They include: dairy, eggs, fish, and nuts. I am also susceptible to outdoor allergies. I have developed this fear of food due to my allergies, but it is well managed for the most part. My food allergies are very severe and could potentially result in anaphylaxis. My outdoor allergies on the other hand mostly just result in a extremely runny nose, excess sneezing, and feeling like a bucket full of bitches until the symptoms are relieved. I also have moderate asthma which can be an obvious problem at times.

Now, you're probably thinking that I have never smoked marijuana before, or have done it only once or twice. The truth however, is that I smoked half a joint before typing this, and I took a few hits off my friend's bowl while out last night too. I have been smoking weed for the past four or five years of my life off and on. The only time I have had a problem was when I smoked a few years ago and had a panic attack, which led to other problems, but I digress. When I smoke weed, I have never had any classic signs of an allergic reaction, and believe me, I would know what they are. I do not sneeze, I don't get hives, and my throat has not closed up (yet). I am just afraid that one of these times it will. When I smoke it is all I can think about for a while and it really puts a damper on my high and I find myself just analyzing my well-being instead of enjoying my high. Eventually, after I have decided that I am not going to go into anaphylaxis I will enjoy my high. I am just terrified that one of these times I will smoke and have a severe allergic reaction.

I apologize if my question is extremely convoluted and impossible to answer. Just looking for some insight.

• Bill S
    Favorite Answer

Why are you afraid you'll have a reaction? You've smoked it plenty of times in the past, and cannabis has nothing in common with dairy, eggs, fish, or nuts.

You're allergic to things that many people are allergic too. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to weed, and I've been smoking it off and on for 30+ years.

MJ is good for you.

Did you know that new research shows that marijuana actually kills cancer cells... rather than creating them? It actually causes them to eat themselves in a process called "autophage".

Also, instead of killing brain cells, studies show it actually promotes the growth of new brain cells?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8155-marijua...

Cancer Studies:

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/07041...

Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer

Active Component In Marijuana Targets Aggressive Brain Cancer Cells, Study Says

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/brain-cancer/news/2009...

Did you know that the cannabinoid receptor is the most prevalent cellular receptor in our brains?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor

This mystery began to unravel in 1964, when tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive chemical in cannabis was isolated and synthesized by Raphael Mechoulam and colleagues in Israel. Subsequently, in 1988, Allyn Howlett and colleagues discovered the cannabinoid receptor in the brain. This receptor called CB1was a precise match for the unique chemicals called cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant (phytocannabinoids). This initial discovery led to scientists hypothesizing that humans are "wired" for cannabis. The CB1receptors have been found in the brain in areas that control the coordination of movement, emotions, memory, reduction of pain, reward systems, and reproduction, yet are almost absent in the brain stem (which affects our vital functions such as breathing). It appears that cannabinoid receptors, which modulate other neurotransmitter function in a retrograde “on demand” fashion are present in far higher concentrations in the brain than any other receptor. While the CB1 receptors are primarily found in the central nervous system, a second type, CB2, discovered in 1993, are found primarily in the immune system, GI tract, liver, spleen, kidney, bones, heart, and peripheral nervous system. In fact, the CB2 receptor appears to be up-regulated whenever there is tissue pathology.

Did you know that the government actually has the patent on medical marijuana... for use in fighting diseases such as cancer, Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and more?

And yet they repeatedly say that there is "no medical use" for marijuana.

Look it up. U.S. Patent #6630507

It's like a MIRACLE DRUG because the endocannabinoid system in your body controls so much chemically... by stimulating this system, many positive effects can occur in many different organs of the body.

If you don’t believe me, check out the studies at www.pubmed.gov … just type “cannabinoids” and “cancer” in the search bar and you’ll see the results of the HUNDREDS of studies that show that the THC in marijuana actually kills cancer cells, both in human tissue cultures and in animals. But… they won’t let us do studies on humans because mj has been labeled the “devil’s weed”. HA!

But there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. (People who didn't want to wait on the government to legalize medical marijuana to help with their illness. We've been waiting over 40 years, after all.) I have been in correspondence with the head of the biology dept at a major university in Colorado, and he's knows people personally who have used super-concentrated cannabis oil to CURE their cancer. His own girlfriend got rid of her skin cancer completely applying cannabis oil topically. You can also find video diaries on the internet of people who have gotten rid of skin cancer using cannabis oil. Also video diaries of people who have had miraculous healing of 3rd degree burns. One video diary I found had an AIDS patient who was ingesting the oil and cut his T-cell count from over 800 to around 400 in just a few weeks.

Rick Simpson has cured hundreds of people over the last few years and has plenty of written and videoed testimony. Google "Run from the Cure".

If you want to see the enormous number of medical conditions that marijuana is GOOD for, check this out…

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/43625...

This is a video everyone should watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yxlCDtOlSM

Youtube thumbnail

Yes it is I have met someone who had such a reaction she is now fully recovered but its taken over 3 years of treatment. She had a rash, but almost immediately developed a deep paranoia (excuse spelling), she was very ill. I hasten to add she didnt actually smoke it herself she was in the same room as others who were, this was all diagnosed by the Doctors. Please do not do it again your friend may literally be risking his life.The person I met has to declare the illness on all forms etc and its caused her great trouble in getting a job.