Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

POLL:Have you ever self-harmed?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To the people who say people only self-harm for attention, you're wrong.

I did it because I hated myself. I was angry at myself and I felt like I was the root of all of my problems. I felt like I couldn't do anything right and that I was stupid and worthless and that's why I used to do it.

I never told anyone I knew.

It was not for attention.

Don't make stupid comments about things that you don't understand.

• 9 years ago

Yeah. I think it's a fairly misunderstood thing, though. Most people tend to think things like "Oh, you're emo or just looking for attention if you self-harm, blah, blah, blah". But it's really just a way of releasing emotions that are hard to otherwise express. And it becomes an addiction. Hard habbit to break, very destructive and sad, like an eating disorder or drug problem or similar prolbem :(

• Yes, it felt like a discharge, I was really mad and depressed... It wasn't too long ago (This December) I still have the scars of the 5 cuts... Kinda regret it since everyone freaked out.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah I used to cut, back in the day. ODed twice. Self inflicted 3rd degree burns. Haven't done anything like that in several years though. ~

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope

• 9 years ago

Yep, I have trichtillomania. Plus, I do cut once in a while, only when I'm really stressed or don't wanna pull.

Most of the time I play with my cat, he scratches me, and then I spray bug repellent on it.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I made myself study all afternoon. That's more damage than the human body should withstand, but I live to tell the tale. I should be on Oprah!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No.

Although sometimes I do punch a wall or something if I get mad enough.

Only losers self harm themselves (cut themselves etc). They mostly do it for attention which is beyond ridiculous because I can't see why ANYONE would want that kind of extreme negative attention.

Just ignore the people who do cut themselves because they will stop. Don't act all scared and try to comfort them because thats what they want.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Me and my friends used to film jackass type stuff and we would hurt ourselves really bad but nothing out of depression.

• 9 years ago

Yeah when i was a teen i use to cut myself. But not anymore .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.