Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 9 years ago

Do any of my brother and sister Americans know if Audie Murphy is still the most decorated American?

I went to Arlington National Cemetery several times and seen Audie Murphy`s grave! Seeing i have never served in the military; i stood at attention for two minutes! Is Audie Murphy still the most Decorated military person in the U.S.A.? Thank you.

Best Answer

David Hackworth of California is now considered America’s most decorated soldier with 90 decorations, citations and awards. He is proudest of his Combat Infantryman Badge. He received the Distinguished Service Cross (with oak leaf cluster), the Silver Star (with 1 Silver Oak Leaf Cluster and 4 Oak Leaf Clusters), the Legion of Merit (with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters), the Bronze Star (with V device and one silver Oak Leaf Cluster and one Oak Leaf Cluster), the Purple Hear (with one silver Oak Leaf Cluster and one Oak Leaf Cluster), the Air Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Good Conduct Medal, World War II Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal, Korean Service Medal, Vietnam Service. He is the most decorated Vietnam veteran.

certainly for a non officer. it relatively is the utmost award that somebody interior the army can get. My son in regulation won the Audie Murphy award and it relatively is an excellent deal. happy you went. people who's what I stated. He replaced into no longer an officer.

I don't know if he still is or not, but there was a time when we had Hollywood actors who were proud to fight for their country like Mr. Murphy. Today's Hollywood is full of communist America hating degenerates.