Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

Is sleeping a waste of time?

Instead of sleeping at 11 like im supposed to i stay up till 2/3pm and study, learn korean/chinese, read books, watch music videos, and than i sleep for 3/4 hours and wakeup at 6

i mean the time i spend sleeping i could be doing someting productive..right?

Update:

but i can function with 3-4 hours of sleep

im 14 btw

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sleeping is the best thing about my day, I don't know about you. Besides eating, of course. You should sleep. It's fun. Try it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Studies show that teens need at least 9-10 hours of sleep everyday. Now I'm being a bit of a hypocrite when I say this since I only get 7 but you do need sleep. At least get 7 or 8 hours. Since your used to sleeping so little you may think that you can function but you might function better and more efficiently if you get more sleep.

• 9 years ago

Yup, I feel the same way. I've adapted to run on 2-4 hours of sleep, partially because it's a waste of time, but also because I can't fall asleep 'til at least one or two anyways.

• 9 years ago

Well as long as you don't find yourself falling asleep in class then I don't see a problem with it. Different people need different amounts of sleep. The average amount of sleep most people are supposed to get is 8hours though so don't be surprised if it eventually catches up to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

NO NO NO NO NO.

Chinese and Korean can wait. You're only fourteen, sleep is definitely one of the things that you cannot survive without. It'll catch up to you if you keep doing this.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You need to sleep to get through the day. If you wouldn't get any sleep, your heart would give out from exhaustion.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Is eating a waste of time?

Three meals and one snack = 3 hours

Its worth it buddy. That's ridiculous what you have to do

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I love sleep.

• It might be a waste of your time, but it's how i make the most of mine.

• No, you need it to function.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.