Is western medicine just applied statistics? What then is alternative medicine?

Applied statistics? Apparently that's what western medicine is. Someone explain it to me if they could be so kind. I'd hate to be a smartass about this.
Update: @Dave. Yes they can't disconnect from that sort of logic. My cousin in law (?) said to me that if you are I'll and take homeopathy and then get better, it's fair to conclude that homeopathy cured the illness. scary huh? Her job? A nurse!!! Shocking. @rhianna yeah they do seem to put their fingers in their ears... show more @Dave. Yes they can't disconnect from that sort of logic. My cousin in law (?) said to me that if you are I'll and take homeopathy and then get better, it's fair to conclude that homeopathy cured the illness. scary huh? Her job? A nurse!!! Shocking.

@rhianna yeah they do seem to put their fingers in their ears when it gets complicated. ref: the boy. You're very kind. He is an endless source of joy but hard work. Mrs Angelhil takes the brunt of it admittedly .. But he's started saying dada lots so I must be the best parent. Before you get your own one cram some proper partying in first. ;-) 30 is about right for a smart girl.