Do you know this mystery series?

I was in the process of reading it all when I moved, and I can't remember the author's name or the characters' names. It was set in the middle ages, there were two friends who were investigators. It was mostly murder mysteries, but not all, I think. One was a former Knight Templar, the other was a local constable who was probably the only one who knew about his friend's background. It seems there were at least 15 books in the series, and I had read about half of them. If you say it, I will remember.

Favorite Answer

I think the series you are trying to remember is THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR MYSTERIES by Michael Jecks. The novels are medieval murder mysteries featuring Sir Baldwin Furnshill, a former Knight Templar, and his friend Simon Puttock, Bailiff of Lydford Castle

Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jecks www.michaeljecks.co.uk
  • Tory

I was only able to find one series that fit the description of a former Knight Templar. He does not

have a constable friend. Instead, he has a mute ward he had rescued during one of the crusades.

The series is "The Alehouse Murders" by Maureen Ash. The lead character's name is Bascot de Marins. It sounds interesting, so let me know if it is the correct series.

Source(s): google search