Can I get in legal trouble for using profanity online?

i went on Tutorvista.com through a google search, try it yourself and a chat window popped up, so i used profanity to have a little fun - and they said "we are a professional website, ur IP address can be traced and we will not tolerate profanity ...."

is this for real?

Favorite Answer

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

They can stop tutoring you or ban you from their site, but they can't take legal action. If you're in the US, at least. Tracing your IP tells them you have Internet and you have a computer, they can't hurt you.

nicely, i visit could quote myself, sorry! i exploit profanity the completed time: In front of instructors, infants, my mum and dad, relatives, and so on and so on. Why would not I? that's unlike some ''god'' is going to punish me for it. I understand why human beings locate it vulgar and irrelevant, yet I maximum easily do no longer agree; Profanity has a relieving effect, and it rather is lots extra desirable than going out on the streets and killing human beings, ideal?? I many times say issues ''god rattling it'' (it sounds lots extra desirable in Dutch, haha) or ''****''. And it relaxes me!

• Caopsi

Your IP can be traced, however that doesn't mean they will take any legal actions. Remember your Netiquette :) *Note* most of these free things are bots responding to you. Sites can actually ban your IP from their site (such as fan forums, official sites) and you won't be able to access them, except with 'cache.'

YES.

If a websites policy states that you cannot do something, then they can suspend your account if you do.

They can also record your IP address, and block you logging in from that address.

However, most home IP addresses are dynamic, which means that it will change from time to time, that would leave you unblocked.

They have these policies for a reason - abide by them please