Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 9 years ago

find out about tax return?

never received tax refund from u.s.a.internal revenue service how do i get my refund

Favorite Answer

From when? Last year or what? Go to irs.gov and check on it. The link says where's my refund but that link would only be good for lat years taxes I believe.

You file a tax return and are issued a tax refund.

Contact IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to find out about your status if this is a prior year refund.

good luck

• Mathew

You need to have file a tax return for the year in question. If you did so you can call the IRS and ask them what happened to your refund. There are numerous possibilities.*

• Bobbie

Your RETURN is a handful of paper tax forms and schedules that would make up your copy of your 1040 income tax RETURN that you may have filed to the IRS and you may be expecting to receive an amount of $$$ back as a REFUND amount for the filing of your correctly competed 1040 income tax RETURN.

Is my refund coming soon?

Go to the www.irs.gov website and use the search box for About "Where's My Refund?".

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=20057...

What information is Available on Where's My Refund?

Refund information for the most current tax year that you filed will generally be available 72 hours after we acknowledge receipt of your e-filed return, or three to four weeks after you mail your paper return.

What information is Not Available on Where's My Refund?

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96596...

Go to the Where's My Refund? online tool to check on the status of your refund.

You can generally get information about your refund 72 hours after IRS acknowledges receipt of your e-filed return, or three to four weeks after mailing a paper return.

You'll need to provide the following information from your tax return:

* Your Social Security Number (or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)

* Your Filing Status

* The exact whole dollar amount of your refund

Can I change my mailing address online?

If your refund was returned to us by the U.S. Postal Service you may be able to change the address we have on file for you, online. Where's My Refund? will offer this service to you if you're eligible.

What if my refund was lost, stolen, or destroyed?

Generally, you can file an online claim for a replacement check if it's been more than 28 days from the date that we mailed your refund. Where's My Refund? will give you detailed information about filing a claim if this situation applies to you.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful and good luck

For current year you can go to the IRS website and click on the "Where's my refund?" and answer the questions. Otherwise you could call the IRS and tell them you didn't receive last years refund. They should be able to give you information.

• tro

you have to file a tax return to establish that you have a refund due you

What year are you talking about? When did you file?