Teen starting a business, little capital?

Is it a good idea for a teen to start a business with little capital? I am 18 in high school, and I can't get a job. I've always wanted to get into business, but my parents told me I should wait till after I graduated college, and have worked several after years first. I have recently found out quite a few... show more Is it a good idea for a teen to start a business with little capital? I am 18 in high school, and I can't get a job. I've always wanted to get into business, but my parents told me I should wait till after I graduated college, and have worked several after years first. I have recently found out quite a few teens have start several business(Farrah Grey and a few others). I only have about $300 of capital, so far what I've come up with is Lawn Mowing(I live in Florida and by the end of February its time to mow again), find a place to host a Flea Market(I've been trying to find business with lots of land, but so far all I got was laughed at over the phone). Collecting scrap metal and selling it(I've been trying this one as well, I've posted flyers and craiglist ad, but no scrap has turned up) and thats what I have come up with so far, I am thinking about doing the lawn care one, but does anyone know a business I could start for really cheap?
4 answers 4