Do I need copyright information from George Lucas if I'm making an iPhone App.?

Hello,

I'm making an app for the appstore that has starwars sound clips in it and it has a star wars picture. Would I need permission from George Lucas? If so, how would I get it.

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

You need permission from the copyright holder for the Star Wars films from which you are using clips. It's not George Lucas himself, it's Lucasfilm Ltd. or something like that.

You can write to the copyright holder and ask for permission. Chances are that you won't get it, and if you do get it, it will only be in exchange for licensing fees or royalties. Movie production companies are extremely greedy and never give anything away for free.

Yep. You sure do, especially if it's for an iPhone App. More especially if it's going to make you money.

In writing.

Apple won't accept it otherwise.

Hope that helps.

LucasFilm are very protective of their work. You can find the addresses you need at http://www.lucasfilm.com/inside/faq/