Is FOX NEWS a perfect storm?

Think about it - They have a British CEO and British political media coverage is way more tabloid but also more hardball. Their politicians tear each other to shreds on camera often to each other's faces. It really is a different game over there. It lacks the artificial gravitas we often observe.

Also British publications are quite open and up front about what political party they endorse.

Also, FOX News is a younger company than CBS, NBS, ABC, CNN. It's a company that never operated a day under the fairness doctrine. Unlike the companies above who built a massive infrastructure under that framework.

Reagan administration revoked the doctrine in 1985 - Rupert Murdoch and Marvin Davis launched the Fox News Channel a year later.

And then fuse that ownership with the American conservative movement. From the early writings of Bill Buckley to the JBS or Christian Coalition to Pat Robertson. One side certain of doomsday Armageddon and the other Communist infiltration. Built upon a power structure and American traditions of Big Oil, Big Jesus, and Big Military.

All coming together under the very large umbrella of a top 3 global media conglomerate.

---

Conservatives - I am not saying you are right or wrong. In fact, I know conservatives have many valid points, best ideas, and shared American values. I am just pointing out that FOX News is something special and stands apart from any other media corporation we have.

*****

Gordon Brown vs David Cameron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmHt5UEL9sI

Youtube thumbnail

more same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mxhdzj0Jw

Youtube thumbnail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine#Rev...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_news#Early_years

Correction: My apologies - he is an Aussie. One with a high ranking and deep relationships in British politics.

Favorite Answer

Far from perfect. A storm of conservative propaganda, yes. Murdoch has a long history in Australia for being a shill for a certain political persuasion. At least Bill Buckley was an intellectual - but judging from many of the posts in this section, the last intelligent Conservative died when he did.

Fox is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Republican Party. They do nothing more than feed "conservative" pablum to people who can't - or won't - think as critically of their own party as they do the Dems. The GOP can't possibly be wrong. To watch the snivelling Fox cheerleaders during Bush's campaign to invade Iraq was quite nauseating, and seeing Bill O'Really treatment of the grieving son of a 9/11 victim was just plain disgusting.

That's too bad. I never watch Fox News anymore, I leave it up to Jon Stewart and Colbert to point out the latest complete absurdity of Beck's. Has Hannity been waterboarded yet?

There's no integrity at that network.

• rwb13

cnn started in 1980 so they didn't operate under the fairness doctrine for a long period of time so i feel it's a bit unfair to include them. having spent my childhood and young adult life during that period, i can tell you that you didn't know then which way the media in general or a journalist in particular leaned unlike today. i can understand why people feel fox is biased toward the right, it is because the others are so biased to the left. during the 08 campaign, they were the most balanced network as far as negative stories on both mccain and obama. that's not bias that's fairness. i watch all of them with an open mind and the difference is astounding. it is hard for me to understand that so many others can't see the major difference.

MSNBC is very liberal and Fox is very conservative. Fox is also more hard ball I think but my point is both networks cater to a market. "Fair & balanced" news has been a thing of the past since newspapers & networks got bought up by big corporate loot. I think that's the real problem here.

FOX NEWS DEPICTS MORE REALITY OF BARE FACTS.iT IS STORMY @NEWS@TIMES, NOT ALWAYS:

pS

:

Your Open Question Your that can be easy to comprehend, becuase i have to give a speech on a supreme court case; hence, i was wondering if there are any simple good cases that i can read about? becuase i dont want read a case thats very complicated.

Tags: Court Cases, Supereme Court, Supreme Court Case

applied to be on Jim’ll Fix It or Why Don’t You?

it seems

Kaygee…….oh i knowRev Dr Joseph Geronimo, Jr.

Kamal K. K. Roy

Kamal Karna Roy (also known as Kamal K.K. Roy and Rev. Dr. Joseph Geronimo, Jr.) is a prolific pro se litigant who, since at least the early 1990s, has filed numerous lawsuits throughout the United States and its territories under the names Roy and Joseph Geronimo, Jr., as well as under the names of entities that he is affiliated with, including International Siva Consciousness & World Religions, Reforms International, Handicap Interests International, and Jungle Democracy.[1] Roy’s lawsuits are often brought against multiple defendants, and feature long, unconventional complaints. Roy has filed lawsuits against God, U.S. Presidents,

0 seconds ago - 4 days left to answer.

Source(s): WEB
  • Jade

I like FOX news.

• LadyB

I think your description is not only fair, but balanced.

More than we can say for Fox....

What ever they aer, since I seldom tune in, just the fact they make liberals drool in rage and foam at the mouth, they are great to me.

Propaganda, plain and simple.

Opinion is not news.