Is sucking on your hair bad?

My little sister sucks on her hair and it's kinda gross. Should I stop her or just let her?

Favorite Answer

well You should stop her because it's kinda gross.. and well her hair must be dirty after she is done.. then again all kids have done it at some point.

It wont damage her hair.. unless she is chewing on it...

If I were you, I'd try and make her stop that bad habit.

• jeudy

certain, your saliva eats away on the ends of your hair providing you with chop up ends. And it also isn't good on your body because your body can not spoil down hair like the way it may usual meals.

• <3

i had a habit of doing that in grade 2, dont think it has any real negative effects unless the hair is dirty, but its not very nice to see and is unnecessary

unless the hair is dirty, no;

but if she chews it, she could swallow hair and she might get a hair ball in her stomach.

hope i helped :)

Source(s): my mum said so,

wtf hahah xD why would it be bad? as long as she washes her hair.. doesnt matter

its just putting saliva on her hair but if she stops doing that better. its not bad though.