Did Eric Bana turn down the role of the Hulk in the second Hulk movie?

Why was Eric Bana replaced by Edward Norton in the second Hulk movie? Was it because he turned down the role or the director wanted someone else? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Because the people who own the rights, along with many fans, hated Bana's wooden performance. Also, it was said that Bana wanted too much money. And don't forget, the second movie was a reboot and a sequel simultaneously.

• Maus

I don't understand why they had to remake the movie. I liked the first Hulk. I haven't seen the second one and don't plan on seeing it, unless someone gives me a legit reason as to why a remake was needed. Looking at the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, the second one isn't really any better.