92 Lexus es300 - Steam and fluid coming out from coolant reservoir tank cap hose?

Today, I parked my car, and noticed a hissing sound with steam coming out from under the hood. I popped the hood, and saw that there was steam and drops of liquid coming out of the open-ended hose that attaches to the coolant reservoir cap. The cap has two hoses that come out from it: one is open ended and the... show more Today, I parked my car, and noticed a hissing sound with steam coming out from under the hood. I popped the hood, and saw that there was steam and drops of liquid coming out of the open-ended hose that attaches to the coolant reservoir cap. The cap has two hoses that come out from it: one is open ended and the other goes to the radiator. I did not notice the engine overheating when I was driving.

What do you guys think is going on here?
Update: Thank you for the great responses. I just checked the coolant levels in the reservoir tank, and it's almost empty.

My questions now are: Could the steam issue be caused by low coolant levels?

Also, what kind of coolant, and with what proportion of water should I add to reservoir tank?

Thank you