Jennifer asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

What do you HONESTLY think when you see a fat person working out?

because i went to the gym and i saw this one girl who was kinda chubby but i had talked to her a tiny bit in the changing rooms and i was like wow she seems really nice and good for her then i saw her the next day and i was proud of her for some reason because she seemed to be making a really good effort at getting healthier. but i also saw this really fat lady and she only worked out for like 10 minutes and it was a really lame workout (slower than normal walking) and she didnt seem like she was trying and i honestly think her doctor must have said your health is a big problem if you don't change ur going ot have serious heart problems but she didn't seem to be trying hard at all and i thought to my self hahaha no wonder she is the way she is! ewwww. and then i felt bad for thinking that like i wouldnt wanna be judged there i know i cant lift that much weight when i do the weight machines. but what do you think when you see someone? because for me it changes on the person.

i didnt say i was laughing i said i saw a 300 lb lady go on a treadmill for 10 minutes at speed like 2.5 and thought for a split second wow how lazy i know how she got so fat! and i thought good for the other girl. u ppl are offended easily lolzzzz lolz lolz lolz HAHAH

and i said i felt bad afterword. and im sorry but u have not seen my gym. its a YMCA but its not in the best part of town and a lot of ppl there are lazy and just cuss and stuff and then a lot of guys play basketball there and they are really good. so its a mix.

Favorite Answer

Hey don't worry I know that you aren't judging- you just want to know what other people think! Because I honestly do the same thing sometimes- I judge/criticize them in my mind, but then I try saying to myself that I don't know their lives; who am I to know if they're going to stick with it or just drop it after going once? Or if they recently had a big revelation in their lives or something and maybe they just want to start slow? But in a situation such as a really heavy lady only going on for that long... gah I would probably feel like you did too. I mean, how can that seem good? But it's also good that you're questioning yourself, I think.

Anyway, don't listen to all the a holes saying you're rude or whatever; this is a forum where we can express what we think! How is it hurting anyone? Jeez!

• EM MD

Wow, to be honest, and no offense, you have no place to criticize. At least the lady was in the gym.

Obese people that start to change their lifestyle, cannot have an intense workout that fast.

They'll have problems if they do an intense workout that fast, because their body isn't used to working out. Sure you may be skinny, and healthy and work out regularly and what not, but they haven't. So you need to look at both sides of the issue, and not be ignorant.

Obese people when working out, get exhausted really really fast, again, they can't do an intense work out right off the bat. They have to work slow, and then go to intense.

**Edited. You are crazy. Be careful, Judge and you shall be judged.

May god bless you.

Gee, I sure hope you are prefect because I can guarantee if you are judging someone's workout, someone is judging yours. And I bet yours wasn't as good as someone else's, too short, and lame by their comparison. They are no different than you, trying to get a healthier, better body.

With people like you around, it's very difficult for large people to go and work out because they know people are judging them. Your question just adds to that burden. It's easy for scrawny young people to work out, but I bet relatively, her workout was harder for her body than yours was for your body.

I admire them for being there and doing what they can. NO ONE has the right to judge others in the gym and it's terrible that some people are so insecure they have to trash other people mentally to feel better about themselves.

When I see a fat person working out that means she is taking the first step to get healthy.

The lady that was walking slow might have had some type of surgery,and she can not move like used to.

At least she is trying to work out.

I think it's great because it shows that person is trying to make an effort to lose weight and get healthy.The bigger lady you mentioned though doesn't need judgement either.Bigger people have a harder time exercising because of their weight so they have to start small and work their way up so it will get easier each time they do it.Then they can go for longer periods of time.

If they're really trying to improve themselves then I'm glad to see them in there and I'll try to help them if i can. If they're as lazy as half the other people in the gym then i want them gone as much as i want all the other lazy people gone. I don't like crowded gyms.

I would think good for them trying to get fitter, but to be honest I'd be paying more attention to my own workout routine rather than what other people are doing. Perhaps you should do the same.........

• Miaka

I feel bad for them but you shouldn't judge someone based on their workout. There are many conditions that prevent people from doing long and hard workouts. She could have also been recovering from an injury or surgery.

I think it's good if fat people want to change,and be healthy.But people like the hardly bothering women you saw should be locked up,no one wants to see obese lazy like them flopping all over the place!!

It sounds harsh but,the truth hurts Hahahaha

i think good for them, at least they are doing something about their weight and working hard to get healthy. Grow up and stop being an airhead