promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you agree with the Governor of New Mexico's plans to revoke drivers license to illegals?

Will the race card be used as an excuse for this?

Are you for revoking and stopping illegals from

getting drivers license?

BY LINDA BENTLEY | JANUARY 12, 2011

New Mexico’s governor plans to revoke licenses issued to illegal aliens

‘… we cannot just have a path to citizenship created when there are people in line already doing the proper things’

SANTA FE, N.M. – New Mexico’s newly elected Gov. Susana Martinez has come out swinging with a budget proposal that would cut spending and close the budget deficit without raising taxes or making cuts to classroom spending or health care for New Mexico’s most vulnerable.

Martinez also stated one of her first priorities is to revoke driver licenses issued to illegal aliens, pointing out since Arizona passed SB 1070, illegal aliens have been pouring in to New Mexico, which does not require proof of citizenship to obtain licenses.

Former Gov. Bill Richardson, an open borders advocate, further exacerbated the problem by banning Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) clerks from asking applicants if they were legally present.

New Mexico and a smattering of a few other states, which allow illegal aliens to obtain driver licenses, have become Meccas for human smugglers and those in the fraudulent ID business.

Following the passage of Arizona’s SB 1070, New Mexico’s DMV issued 10,257 licenses to foreign born (both legal and illegal) applicants during the first six months of 2010, a 60 percent increase, compared to 13,481 issued during all of 2009 to foreign born applicants. The number of licenses issued to citizens during that same period of time remained flat.

Martinez, who also opposes amnesty, stated, “[T]here has to be another way of dealing with the issue … we cannot just have a path to citizenship created when there are people in line already doing the proper things,” and said she is focused on removing provisions that allow illegal aliens to obtain driver licenses and revoking those already issued.

On Jan. 1, during her inaugural address, Martinez vowed to “shine a light into the dark corners of state government in order to regain the public trust and to ensure that public officials are putting the people’s business first.”

Update:

NO greasy/freaky, I will not be driving them to work and I have done these jobs. Have you? Same person with multiple accounts on here daily, when does he work?

Update 2:

Any one answering with more than one account will be reported for cheating.

fuzzy/freaky

Update 3:

Please explain how I discredit anyone with a hispanic last name. I discredit illegal alien criminals, has nothing to do with hispanic. and this from someone who uses 30 alias.

Update 4:

Actually I have one account, thanks for asking!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Coasty
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As a native New Mexican I think it is a great idea. The illegal aliens never bothered to buy insurance any way. Living in a state where the worst part of the illegal alien problem went from a minor nuisance to having drive by shooting three or four times a month between various gangs in a small town. I have went from being a minority in my home town to being an endangered species. I grew up as part of the Anglo minority in my town most of my neighbors were and still are Chicanos. They hate the illegals much worse than I do.growing up the population was about 18,000 with maybe 100 or so illegal aliens who never stayed more than six months. Now the population is around 35 to 40 thousand of which 60% are illegals who do not give a damn about the law. They prey on US citizens with gusto and when we are not available each other with no though of who their victims are. Growing up my home did not have locks on the doors now there are three dead bolts on every outside door. The city council is planning on asking the Governor to send the National Guard to clean out the gangs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

They are a blue state. Obama will sue the governor so the illegals can keep their driver's licenses. Then he will force all states to allow driver's licenses to be used as proof of citizenship for voter registration. You think I'm kidding? Just watch and see.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

YEATH!!!!!!!

The illegal aliens started hauling out of Arizona and going to New Mexico. I fled.. so did a whole lot more. Richardson is gone now, and now too, New Mexico may go back to the real thing.

GOOOOOOD news on birthright citizenship too.

Birthright Citizenship -- A Fundamental Misunderstanding of the 14th Amendment

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/01/14/birthrig...

As John Eastman, former Dean of the Chapman School of Law, has said, many do not seem to understand “the distinction between partial, territorial jurisdiction, which subjects all who are present within the territory of a sovereign to the jurisdiction of that sovereign’s laws, and complete political jurisdiction, which requires allegiance to the sovereign as well.”

In the famous Slaughter-House cases of 1872, the Supreme Court stated that this qualifying phrase was intended to exclude “children of ministers, consuls, and citizens or subjects of foreign States born within the United States.” This was confirmed in 1884 in another case, Elk vs. Wilkins, when citizenship was denied to an American Indian because he “owed immediate allegiance to” his tribe and not the United States.

American Indians and their children did not become citizens until Congress passed the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924. There would have been no need to pass such legislation if the 14th Amendment extended citizenship to every person born in America, no matter what the circumstances of their birth, and no matter who their parents are.

Even in U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark, the 1898 case most often cited by “birthright” supporters due to its overbroad language, the Court only held that a child born of lawful, permanent residents was a U.S. citizen. That is a far cry from saying that a child born of individuals who are here illegally must be considered a U.S. citizen.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's interesting watching the raza activists try to pull the race card on people like Susana Martinez and Marco Rubio. At least Al Sharpton has never called Michael Steele a racist. Learn the phrase Tio Tomas because you're going to be hearing a lot of it as moderate Latino/Hispanic politicians begin to influence national policy. The point is that race has nothing to do with it and hopefully this will take the teeth out of that toxic argument that anyone opposing mass illegal migration is racially motivated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Yes good for AZ and Gov. Susana Martinez there push to Get the Illegals out of the USA .Keep them moving to New Mexico With Richards wanting them.He will turn around when his state looks like Calf. Illegal deserve nothing the criminals.

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Of course I agree! Anyone with half a brain would agree!

Con: "NO! Insurance/economy:

Now they can't get auto insurance or open up bank accounts. This rises our insurance premiums and hurts our economy. The more uninsured drives on our roads, the higher our premiums are."

66% of drivers stopped in New Mexico have no license, no insurance AND no registration! 98% of those are illegal aliens! Denying licenses to criminals will not do anything as far as insurance is concerned because they don't bother to get insurance anyways! DUH!

Freaky: I disagree. So are you driving them to work? They do those jobs you wouldn't even think of doing.

What jobs are those? Child molesting, welfare fraud, etc.? It's a felony to work ilegally in the US! What other criminals do you think we should help with their crimes? Free gas if your going to molest a child? Free guns if your going to rob a bank? Why do you think we should help people commit crimes? Isn't aiding and abetting a crime also?

• 10 years ago

Evelyn j, says and i do not think it is just to deny them the right to drive even if they did illegally immigrate, then should Evelyn j, and her people personally pay for Garibay-Alvarez who suffered multiple injuries in the crash and has since undergone several surgeries at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise—presumably at taxpayers’ expense, now come forward and offer to pay all his medical expenses since they want illegals on the road, let them start paying for their accidents they cause.

On January 3, Homero Garibay-Alvarez, 36, through a translator, pled not guilty in an Idaho courtroom to one count of felony vehicular manslaughter in the death of 23-year-old Samantha K. Leonard. On September 26, 2010, she was traveling with her husband, an airman stationed at Mountain Home Air Force Base when Garibay-Alvarez allegedly crashed into them on Highway 93.

According to the Idaho State Police report, the Leonards were hit head-on when the 2001 Dodge pickup driven by Garibay-Alvarez crossed the center line. The impact was so great that the Leonard’s vehicle overturned and both Samantha and Kevin Leonard had to be cut from their car.

Samantha died a week later.

Court documents reveal that Garibay-Alvarez had a blood alcohol level of .19 at the time of the wreck, more than twice the legal limit.

The illegal alien, who has already been deported at least once before the accident, will be tried on March 8. If convicted, he could face up to 15 years behind bars.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Illegal alien pleads not guilty in fatal DUI crash - National Immigration reform | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-nati...

When the activists come forward and start paying for all the hit and runs, hospitals bills, etc,etc, then let them say how unjust it is.They need to put their money towards what they are demanding. How many illegals in New Mexico actually gave their real names ? Activists say it's ok to bus in illegals from around the country to lie about living in New Mexico, to provide fake or stolen documents, in their world, it's all good. Document fraud in general is accepted by activists as part of the package of what is needed for a better life, if here illegally.

• 10 years ago

Absolutely I agree if every state did this sooner or later the illegals might take the hint and go home.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No.Is it against the law to be impersonating an Indian ?You are an America Indian and teacher school don't you have to be a native than next Indian to be considered a true Indian?Do you discredit illegal Indian criminals

impersonating an Indian ?

• Jan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I agree with it 100%.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.