need new meal ideas please?

I'm tired of making the same things over and over. I make a wide variety of foods but still it seems very repetitious and I need some new ideas. I have 4 kids two of them are on the picky side when it comes to trying new things but my younger two love to try new things.

I feel like when I do make things I make it the same way every time for example when I make pork chops I always grill or broil them the same way, are there other ideas of things I can do with pork chops? I've also baked them in bread crumbs too.

So any meal ideas or different ways to cook things would be great. Here is a list of things I feel I've been making over and over

spaghetti and meatballs (with my own sauce)

pork chops (baked, broiled, grilled)

steaks (grilled, broiled)

beef pot roast (cooked in a McCormick cooking bag)

shepard's pie

ham

chicken (whole roasted, shake n bake, grilled, fried)

pork loin (roasted)

tacos (older two don't like)

burgers and hot dogs

mac n cheese with hamburger mixed in

meatloaf

tuna casserole

breakfast for dinner

pizza

any other ideas for me?

Please add recipe as well

Best Answer

Chicken Milano

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Milano/Detail...

However, I finely chop the sun dried tomato and chop the chicken into small pieces and mix it all together, and make this more of a pasta dish than a chicken dish.

For the record I HATE sun dried tomato but love this dish.

Also (I can't find the recipe, I just improvise)

Chicken breast, rolled around a mix of spinach, feta and mayonnaise, wrapped in bacon. I use one pack of feta (i think about 250grams) and mix in a few choped leaves of spinach, and then mick it with mayo to make a creamy paste. Spread it on some flat pieces of chicken breast (I actually use thighs because I prefer them, but the recipe said breast) and then wrap bacon around it and hold it together with toothpicks. Cook it on low until the bacon looks cooked, then remove the toothpicks before serving. This is nice served with a Caesar salad. The left over pasted can be mixed with thickened cream and used as a pasta sauce. Or you can just make it as a pasta dish and chop the bacon and chicken through it.

EDIT* Found it, although the first time I made this the bacon burned before the chicken cooked through, so I have cooked it on a bit of a lower heat since then, but all ovens are different.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/spinach-stuffed-chic...

If you can't tell yet I love pasta dishes...

I buy the carbonara and alfredo pasta sauces.

-For the Carbonara I use chopped chicken, mushroom, bacon and I also put corn and carrot through it, alothough they don't really go.

-For the alfredo I use chopped chicken, halved cherry tomatos and spinach, I throw frozen veges in it aswell, although they don't suit it. (I just need to get veggies into my toddler)

Source(s): P.S. I'm not a good cook but I can make these. EDIT* Anyway, this is the best site, you can put in how many people you are cooking for and it will adjust the ingredients to suit. An it also has peoples reviews at the bottom of the recipes, so you can see how it turned out, and other peoples improvisations of it. http://allrecipes.com//Default.aspx

I make Chicken Stew - which is awesome and totally easy.

Boneless Chicken (whatever cut you like) Diced and dredged in flour and seasonings.

Brown it in an oiled pan

Remove browned chicken and saute whatever veggies you like in stew (I use onions garlic carrots, celery, potatoes, sometimes green beans and peas but those go in at the very end )

Once the veggies are semi cooked toss in a few cups of chicken stock and the chicken peices.

Simmer until thickened.

I also made a Chicken Pot Pie the other day that was AWESOME and it couldn't have been easier.

1 can Cream of Chicken

1 Can Cream of Celery

2 cups Frozen mixed Veggies

1 Can of nibblets

2 Cans of Milk

Salt Pepper Paprika Thyme

4 diced roasted chicken breasts (or the meat off a roasted chicken from the market)

2 pre prepared pillsbury pie crusts.

Put one pie crust in a deep dish pie pan and bake for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile throw the rest of the ingredients into a saute pan and simmer until warm through.

Take the bottom pie crust from the oven, chuck the filling into it, cover with the top crust, seal the crust, vent the crust

Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.

DELISH EASY CHEAP.

5 Bean Chili

Brown some Ground Beef (Or Ground Turkey)

Throw it in a crock pot with a large can of stewed tomatoes and a can of beef broth concentrate

add a chopped onion, a chopped bell pepper, a clove or two of garlic, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.

Let it go to town on low for 4 or 5 hours

Throw in a can each of white beans, pinto beans, black beans, dark kidney beans, light kidney beans and (if you like a can of corn...we like so we add that too)

Heat another 20 minutes or so just so that the beans can heat through...

Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.

OOOOHHH Also, Check these out! "Uglies" The kids LOVE THEM ...they are basically a sloppy joe in a bisquit. They're easy, different, tasty and they store well.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Uglies/Detail.aspx

Here is a list of ideas. If you would like a recipe for one of them, just email me and I would be happy to send it to you.

cabbage rolls

stuffed peppers

slum gooey (ground beef, kidney beans and franco american spaghetti)

lasagna

swedish meatballs

meatloaf

mushburgers

sloppy joes

hamburger gravy over toast

chili

empanadas

tatortot cassarole

hamburger cassarole

**** on a shingle

grilled chicken salad

broccoli cheese chicken

chicken or beef stir fry

pepper steak

chicken wings

chicken quesidillas

chicken and dumpling

bbq chicken

steak

cubed steak cooked in brown gravy

beef stew

vegetable soup

enchiladas

beef and noodles

pork roast with sourkraut

bbq pork sandwiches

keilbasa

italian sausage sandwiches

fish

salmon patties

shrimp or crabs

potato soup

pizza subs

italian subs

whole ham or turkey

broccoli cheese soup

pork fried rice

• Amy

We love Cranberry Chicken

Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter 1 small onion, chopped 3 pounds chicken thighs 2/3 cup ketchup 1/3 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce

Directions

Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Place the butter and onion in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 15 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven, push the onion over to one end, and place the chicken thighs in the dish in a single layer. Return to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.

Stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, and cranberry sauce in a bowl. Remove the chicken from the oven, and scoop the cooked onions into the cranberry mixture. Spoon the mixture over the chicken thighs, and return to the oven.

Bake until the cranberry mixture is slightly caramelized and the chicken is done, about 20 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the center should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).

• Pippin

Why not visit your public library and browse the cookbook shelf. MILLIONS of options.

But ...

Pork Chops: We're having those tonight. Braised with shallots and red wine (alcohol cooks out) and herbs. Pork is also good with apples, so try braising in cider and garlic, or pan broiling with sliced apples. Or cut up and do a stiry fry with ginger and soy sauce and veggies. Or buy a jar of jerk seasoning and use it to perk up your usual grilled chops.

Steak: We love them seasoned with worcestershire sauce, garlic and black pepper.

Spagetti -- Cabonera. (I do a non-traditional version -- your arteries will scream, but it's fun and tasty once in a while. I never measure, so use your judgement for quantities.)

Boil your pasta as usual. While it cooks, fry a couple of slices of cut up bacon with scallions and/or sweet onions, 2-3 cloves of garlic, and, if handy, a little ham. Beat 2-3 eggs and some milk together in a bowl with a generous amount of black pepper, basil and oregano. When the pasta is cooked, drain and *immediately* dump back into the pot. While it's still hot, add the egg/milk mixture, the bacon/onion mixture and a good double handful of commercial 3-or 5-cheese Italian mix (Kraft sells it in a bag; so does Sargento) or comparable amounts of paremsan (NOT the dry stuff in the can!), grated mozzerella and, if you have it, romano and/or provelone. Stir until the egg cooks and the cheese melts.

Most of the things you cook regularly be be varied with different seasonings -- check out Penzey's website. They sell lots of easy premixed seasonings which can be added to almost any recipe for a different flavor.

• Kass

I make ribs marinated in oyster sauce, msg, salt, sugar, and garlic. You cannot taste the oyster sauce when it's baked, so don't let that deter you from trying it.

You just add all those ingredients, mix, and set your oven to broil and let it cook. You can serve it with anything. I serve it with sticky rice, and cucumber or papaya salad(I am asian so this is an asian recipe)

Pad Thai is great. You can find a box that has the ingredients in it already at any store really. Or you can make from scratch. Just google PAD THAI.

I like baked ziti too. It's really easy to make. So is lasagna. I make my own versions of both, and am currently at work so I don't have the recipes with me.

What about bread and soup? You can BUY a good loaf of pumpernickel or rye or sour dough, if you don't want to make your own.

Broccoli, bacon, cheese soup

2 medium bags frozen broccoli

1 lb shredded cheddar

1 medium onion, chopped

1/2 lb hickory smoked bacon(hickory smoked is optional)

1 tbsp garlic powder

1 tsp smoked paprika

1 tsp dry dill weed

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

salt to taste

1 quart whole or 2 % milk

1/2 cup flour

In a large soup pot, using clean kitchen scissors, cut up bacon into small bits into pot on medium high heat, cook bacon to render fat. Add chopped onion and let it sautee. Add half cup flour, and stir just long enough to moisten. Quickly add the milk, stirring constantly. Add the broccoli, cheese, and other seasonings, stirring over medium heat to prevent scalding, until milk starts to get warm and bubbly, cheese melts, and broccoli is cooked through. (If you want, you can quick thaw the broccoli in a strainer by running it under lukewarm water. It helps it cook a bit faster.) If you prefer the soup to be a bit thinner, add a little more milk.

Well I got Mexican casserole. Ya take hamburger, ranch style beans, cream of mushroom & celery, onion, doritos. Cook the burger them drain. Add beans, and other stuff. Crush doritos (macho cheese) mix on also only hour 3/4 bag. The rest is the crust. Put sliced cheese on top, cook until cheese is golden bubbly.

Make chicken m rice. Boil chicken. Them cook rice. Mix together with cream of celery & mushroom. Season and viola.

Chili

Smothered fried chicken. Fry chicken and smother it on gravy. Serve with rice or mashed taters and vegie

Pepper steak

Chicken fried steak

Gumbo

Jambalya

Source(s): Allrecipes.com let's you search by ingredient. Great site
  • misty

Will they eat pasta? My 17 yr old son is very fussy but likes this:-

Boil up some fresh pasta. When cooked, stir through some sun dried tomato pesto to give it some colour and flavour.

Meantime stir fry cubes of chicken plus any other veggies you want to put it - I do onions and mushrooms.

Add the chicken mix to the pasta and serve. Let them put grated cheese on top if they want.

Enchaladas! (chicken, steak, beef, pork roast)

Taquitos(chicken, steak, beef, pork roast)

Empanadas(chicken, steak, beef, pork roast)

Yellow rice

Fajitas (steak or chicken)

Chicken casserole

Soups

Pizza, but do a breakfast pizza for dinner. Or add different toppings (ham, sausage)

Quesadillas (I am a big Mexican food fan)(chicken, steak, beef, pork roast)

Homemade Spaghetti sauce (mine;))

Bbq chicken

Steak Lo mein

Homemade tortillas chips, salsa, nachos

Pizza bake pasta. (not sure the name but amazing)

Chicken Lasangia (you will never eat beef again in it ;))

E-mail me if you want any recipies, dont feel like writing them unless someone is interested.