Why wasn't that husband at the hospital when his wife opened her eyes, the one shot in Arizona?

I watched that political rally, sorry, I mean memorial service on TV and notice that husband of the women in hospital was sitting at the front of that political rally instead of being by his wife's bedside.

Favorite Answer

Facetiousness aside...NOT a "political rally" at all!...the husband of Congresswoman Gabrielle "Gabby" Giffords, astronaut Mark Kelly, WAS at his wife's side, and so were Nancy Pelosi, Congresswoman Wasserman-Smith, and one other colleague, plus the doctor. They were discussing what they would do when Gabby recovered ("go out for pizza and a beer," I believe, was one thing said), when Gabby's visible eye fluttered. Her husband called out to her, "Gabby, open your eyes! Can you see me? Reach for me!" and she did...she reached for his arm, and she struggled to comply, finally opening the eye not bandaged! When he asked her to give him a "Thumb's up" sign, she was able to raise her entire arm!

People came from all over to CELEBRATE LIFE at the memorial service, and to cheer the indomitable American spirit! If you right-wingers want to call this communion a "political rally" in your own twisted theocratic-coup-seeking warped or jaded minds, that's on you. President Obama wrote his words himself, and he spoke WISDOM, COMPASSION, and UNITY (e pluribus unum = "out of many, ONE")! 'Tis each of YOU right-winger neocons who have chosen to make politics out of the tributes paid to six slain Americans, and 14 wounded heroes, like 74-year-old retired Colonel Bill Badger, shot himself, who ran forward to TACKLE the crazed mass murder, or 61-year-old and tiny-in-size Patricia Maisch, who grabbed the ammo from the killer's hands as he tried to RELOAD! That is political to you?? Shame on you! President Obama and Republican Governor Jan Brewer were both greeted with WARMTH, with HOPE, and with APPRECIATION as well as ENTHUSIASM...and each of the survivors and their families, each of the slain and their families---the 15,000 people were there to CHEER their meaning and HONOR their lives and express HOPE for a safer and better future for this nation and for their beloved Tucson! Shame on you for seeing only the shallows! Replay President Obama's wise and kind words for little Christina Taylor Green and her vision for America...you will set aside your prejudices and come to realize this memorial service was for ALL Americans as seen through the innocent eyes of an amazing little girl born on 9/11/01 who died on 1/08/11...and maybe you will then become part of the SOLUTION instead of remaining behind to be part of the problems.

I am going to go slow so you will understand. Her husband was at her bedside when she opened her eyes. If you had paid attention you would know that. Her husband was at the memorial to show support for the dead and injured. Quit being a hater and be glad that the memorial seemed to bring comfort to people.

He might had just left to go to the memorial service, or something to eat. He has been there round the clock. He really needs to take more breaks you know this has to be hard on him. Remember you can't even use a phone in intensive care and he has been sleeping in a chair. I can not imagine what he is going through.

He was with her and has been 24/7 since it happened.... Hes probably going to stay behind from the next space shuttle launch as well... They already have a back up Captain!

I haven't heard whether has was or wasn't. All I see is the not biased mainstream media giving democrats as much camera and mic time as possible. I even forgot she had a husband until I read your question. Does anyone know if she has kids or not?

He was. The rally was less than a mile from the hospital.

I almost smell trolling liberal...

• Erik

He was busy lightning fires around Palin and Fox News.

He was there. He might have stepped out of the room because of the two photo opt hounds were in the room since they limit the number of people in ICU.

Source(s): You are RIGHT about th epolitical rally!! Goddamn shame it had to turn into one! I was waiting for the chants "Yes We Can", weren't you?

In his defense, he had no idea The One was going to lay His hands on her and thereby heal her.

What are you trying to insinuate? I really don't think it's any of your business where he was.