What are the most beautiful and ugly languages of the world?

Update:

Nobody wants to be more real to the question? I would name 2... is a question... say french, chinese.. etc

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Raquel
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

In my opinion, I like my own very much (Portuguese, the actual one) and Italian.

I don't think any languages are ugly, but if I had to choose, it'd be some Arabic language. The way it's written it's weird and I don't like the way they speak. (kinda ugly, yeah)

Why the thumbs down?! I'm stating my opinion!

• 9 years ago

I don't speak Portuguese but I love the way it sounds, especially Brazilian. It is far and away my idea of the most beautiful language. The vowel sounds are mesmerizing.

My children have Hawaiian names because I love the way their language sounds.

To say that I think a language is ugly would be very offensive and it's just a subjective thing anyway.

Who is giving all the thumbs down? These are just subjective opinions.

Source(s): My ear
  • guido
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I just love all romance languages or at least the ones I've heard spoken:

Spanish of course

Portuguese

French

Italian

Romanian

Catalan

I'm not really into germanic languages but I like Swedish and about semitic ones I think Arabic is kind of cool.

My favorite Asian language is Mandarin, but I still have a weakness for romance languages.

I cannot decide which is an ugly language, I think all of them sound nice spoken by the right person.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Every language sounds beautiful and soothing when your lover whispers sweet thing in your ears; every language sounds ugly when fighting.

It's all a matter of personal taste...however, if I really had to choose, I'd say my preference goes for all the Romance languages (Italian, Portuguese, Spanish in particular), Greek, Swedish and English.

I'm not a big fan of German, Dutch and Korean, but that doesn't mean that I dislike them...they sound only "strange" to my untrained ear.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • HJW
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I do not like asian languages and arabic !

I do like french, italian.

Germany is a thick language,harsh and too heavy.

• 9 years ago

I think the most beautiful is Japanese, Greek could be a close second sometimes though. German and Russian, sometimes French I think are ugly... Anything you sound like you're choking on your own spit is ugly >"< But sometimes Spanish can sound pretty funny, spoken by the right person "XD Not really ugly though, just pretty amusing.

Source(s): Myself
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

All languages are different and special in their own way..

Personally, I love German and Italian

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't care if I get a thumbs down for stating my opinion. Suck it up princess.

I hate all Asian languages, including the Arabic ones. European languages are the most beautiful. (and the Spanish of Latin America). Simple as that.

• RE
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

There are no ugly languages. All languages contain both beautiful words and ugly words. We tend to prefer the ones we are familiar with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.