moving to the usa, live in and find a job?

I am 20year old, from an Asian country, with little money, with just 3 A-levels, no working experience or whatsoever.

I want to move to USA and get a job there. what are my chances and steps to realize my dream.

Which visa should i apply for?

I would like to stay permanently, but not just yet, for now temporary stay would be nice, for a year or two then i'll see how things go.

should i find a place to live in first or find a job first?

I have no friends or family in usa.

I would like to secure a place to live in and a stable job first before applying for a visa because as i said i have little savings and just enough for the visa application and the plane tickets.

I need advices.

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Pick a visa

    There are basically NINE ways that you can get a visa to live and work in the US:

    (1) Marriage (or engagement in anticipation of marriage) to a US citizen.

    (2) You have skills that are in short supply in the US e.g. scientific or medical training. A degree is normally a must. Or you have superior specialist skills with at least 12 years experience. (H visas)

    (3) You have an Employer who is willing to transfer you - but even the employer has to make a good case for you - so you have to be a manager unless you fall under category (2) above.(L visas)

    (4) You may get a Green card in the diversity lottery (UK citizens, except N.Ireland, are not generally eligible unless you, your spouse or parents were born abroad or held a different citizenship.

    (5)You own or buy business (does not get you permanent resident status i.e. no green card)You must be a national of a qualifying Treaty countries. The business must have a minimum value of around $150k (more the better) bearing in mind you will need somewhere to live and with any startup business you will need at least 2 years living money as back up. So a figure of $350k would be a nearer minimum (E-2 visas)

    (6)You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you. half of that in a few areas. And your background will be investigated to the hilt. (EB-5 visas)

    (7)You have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this take 2-12 years?

    (8.The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation

    (9)THE UNUSUAL You are in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum. or You get a member of Congress to sponsor a private bill with legislation that applies just to you.

    The S visa issued to persons who assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime

    Recruitment agent will not take you seriously if you are not already in the US. Writing for jobs is really a waste of time; likewise US employers have no idea what foreign qualification are or mean (except Degrees) it may pay you to get your qualification translated into a US equivalent, there are Companies that do this ( ..

    But if you are getting a visa under (2) above then you need a job offer before you can get the visa. Your Employer will be your sponsor this will cost them upward of $5k. So you can see you have to be offering something really special to get considered They may also have to prove to the Dept of labor that there is no American who can do the job if the position is to be permanent ©

  • 9 years ago

    Since our economy is so bad right now it's going to be very hard for you to find a job, especially if you have no friends or family here. It might be best to stay where you are for a while, get a job and save as much money as you can, and maybe try to develope some connections here. If any of your friends there have friends here, maybe you can talk to them and ask them to keep an eye out for any opportunities that may open up. Don't give up on your dream. I wish you good luck.

  • 3 years ago

    we don't use euros here we use sterling, pounds! Convert you funds. no longer many roles over here we are in a recession, i might say attempt and get a job in the previous you return here. the place you reside might count on your pastime you have have been given some countrie to choose on between Scotland, N.eire, England and Wales. costly to lvie interior the cities and a few jobs are in undemanding terms interior the cities inspect the jobcentreplus internet site or any pastime internet site you will discover for the U.ok desire that facilitates human beings your age finally end up? nicely there are mixed a while everywhere, bypass the place the pastime is. you obtain a level so as that ought that can assist you you get a godo pastime if there is one.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    No chance, there is not even a visa to apply for. It's almost impossible for a Brit to move to the usa

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    With no relatives who are citizens to petition for you and no college degree and skills that are needed in the US,your chances of coming here are zero.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    No family

    Do you have a lot of money, are you a genius, a hot woman, or can you throw a ball very, very well?

    If not you have virtually no chance of coming to the US legally.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    Guess your out of the loop the US is fresh out of jobs. If you want a job try china or India

  • Ann O
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

    Apply for college in California and work from there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.